G4 GPS appreciation thread

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
An accurate GPS while in motion is very important to me. I live in the KC Metro and my friends like exploring new things to do and new places to eat every once in awhile. When I'm downtown it's beneficial that my GPS is on point for taking quick turns. I also love hiking, and I track my hikes not just to see how many miles I've gone, elevation, etc, but to also retrace my steps in case I get lost.

I spent 8 months on a Note 4. I CONSTANTLY struggled with the GPS on that thing. I tried every common troubleshooting step, researched things that had worked for others (taking out the sd card, tightening the screws, etc), and did several 14 day and warranty exchanges. I even tried that tool where you can have a Samsung rep remote into your phone and see what you're seeing on your screen. I brought up my map, took a drive, and he could clearly see that my GPS was constantly dropping, but he was baffled as to what the problem was.

I've had the G4 for 3 months to the day. I've already logged several hours on GPS tracking. I don't think I've even experienced a delay in getting the next instructions right after a turn, let alone the dreaded "GPS signal lost" alert, even when I'm driving under cloudy skies and rain. I've had a dozen android devices in the last 5 years and I think the G4 has the best GPS I can remember. Either that or I just appreciate it more after 8 months of GPS hell.

I started/contributed to several threads on the Note 4 forum regarding the crappy GPS, so I thought it was only fitting that I start one to praise the EXCELLENT GPS on the G4 :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol