FM Radio?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
The more I look into this the more ticked off I get. The fm has been deliberately inactivated by carriers.

There is a movement (see link) to bring more light to the situation. It is crazy. A simple thing that technology allows already in our hands and may actually save our lives in a serious disaster has been shut down by carriers for money.

http://freeradioonmyphone.org/take-action/

Posted via the Android Central App

Geoffrey

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Does Next Radio use the FM radio in the G4 or is it using data?

It uses the onboard fm radio receiver. It is surprisingly sensitive, and because it doesn't use data, it consumes miniscule power. Note that even if you output to the speaker, you MUST have the headphone cable plugged in because it serves as the antenna. Sprint is the only carrier that has it enabled at present.

Posted on my LG G4 via the Android Central App

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Sorry guys that my solution did not work for you....Too bad and unfair that your carriers deleted the FM radio app :(((

Posted via my LG G4

HiPlains

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I've got the LG-815 as well. You have to be nuts to buy a carrier version the the G4. The LG-815 rocks and they also offer the very nice LG beats earphones. Plus its loads cheaper then what the carriers charge for the device. Only to cripple it with the horrible carrier bloat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer