yay I did it, almost

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the g4 to stream photos and video to my Samsung tv via smartshare ( no idea why it worked now and not before ) but it's slow a photo is like dial up internet and video buffers about every 10 seconds is there a better (quicker) way. And would a chrome cast be any better, would it stream short videos without buffering.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Chrome cast sucks! I trow it in the trash, is super slow

I would have to disagree with this. I have a pretty good connection (and router) at home and my Chromecast works beautifully. I just ordered the new one which should be here soon -- supposed to be even better on connectivity :).

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I would have to disagree with this. I have a pretty good connection (and router) at home and my Chromecast works beautifully. I just ordered the new one which should be here soon -- supposed to be even better on connectivity :).

Yes, my Chromecast is awesome... but I had to drastically improve my home WIFI (concrete walls... yoiks) first. What I love about Chromecast is that I can mirror anything on my phone, regardless of the app, and I can also cast from my laptop or macbook, anything running Chrome.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new audio Chromecast.

EDIT: I just read through http://www.androidcentral.com/most-important-chromecast-announcements-googles-event -- the network improvements sound amazing. For $45 CAD it's worth it for me just to ditch my current Chromecast and buy the new one when it comes to Canada.

EDIT EDIT: The Google on-line store has both new Chromecasts in stock in Canada... now I just need to convince my better half that we need new gadgets to replace our old gadgets ;)

HernanC88

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I had it plugged on my TV right next to the router and it will stop to buffer from time to time. That never happen when I watch Netflix from the ps3 that is on the same room, even on 3d movies.
Maybe I got a bad one? -_- anyways I bought a Blu-ray with WiFi and never have that problem again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty