"Cannot pair with this device. Try again later". When trying to connect to a watch

HOSSinNH

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello, sorry if this has already been asked/answered. After a search and not coming up with anything I decided to post.

Verizon G4, which will not pair with a Polar M400 watch. It has been in the past and I stupidly disconnected it. Now it will not pair again. It comes up with the PIN request and then gives me the "cannot pair with this device. Try again later" message. The phone will pair with speakers (or anything that does not require a pin). And the watch will pair with the wife's phone no problem (samsung).

Any thoughts or suggestions out there?

Thank you for your time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you completely forget the watch in the phone's Bluetooth settings? How about after rebooting the phone (and the watch, if possible)?

HOSSinNH

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you completely forget the watch in the phone's Bluetooth settings? How about after rebooting the phone (and the watch, if possible)?

Yes, I've deleted the watch from phone and phone from watch. Started with re boots for both and now have factory reset both. Speakers, headphones, and car pair fine. Get same error for watch. Very frustrating.

Thanks for the time.

HOSSinNH

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes it got 6.0 about a month ago ( watch was never unpaired since then). There was a patch just yesterday that I hoped would fix with no luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Patch for the phone or for the watch? If the former, then also make sure the watch's firmware is up to date.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty