Screen replacement

EWT

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
A few days after getting my G4 back from Samsung with the bootloop problem fixed it fell out of my pocket while I was riding my bike @ 30 mph and landed on a paved street Not surprisingly, even though it continued to play through my bluetooth earbud, the screen was seriously smashed. After doing a little research, I found that the screen assembly is fairly cheap ($50ish), and not that difficult to replace. The version without the frame already attached is even cheaper, but more work to install since you have to separate the old one and attach it to the new screen. I opted for "easy" and paid an extra $15 on the advice of many videos. I used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLXUHLFXpyE

as a guide and got a screen assembly from Repairs Universe.

The repair was pretty straightforward. The only thing not obvious in the video that I read about elsewhere is that there are two little rubber pieces in the top of the frame and one at the bottom that have to be transferred over from the old to the new frame or things like the proximity sensor and screen double tap won't work. The screen seems to be about equal in quality to the original and everything works, so I'm happy. Just thought I'd pass the information along in case anybody has a similar problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89