Best 128GB Micro SD Card for LG G4

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I have LG G4 from Verizon and currently using SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS1 Memory Card, but I take lots of photos (I do upload them to Google Photos and Lyve but still lots of them are on my SD Card).

Next month, I plan to travel oversea, and I'm considering to upgrade it to 128GB size...

So, I want to find out which 128GB SD Card would be the best fit for my LG G4.
I will be storing photos, videos and some music download to...
Fast speed will be nice, but I can afford max $50ish thru Amazon...
Also reliability would be a big plus.

I look forward to hearing some suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Good for you on the photo aspect..

As for your device, mounting a 125GB MicroSD card with well within range of an allowable card. The max card that can be installed/mounted is 256GB.. So you're well within the limit. As for the card selection and as a photographer, I've always used the SanDisk card for all of my devices. The key to selecting the right one is the speed rated/class and not so much the storage capacity.

If you're unsure what I've referring to.. check this site for more details:

SD/SDHC/SDXC Specifications and Compatibility

However, storage and speed can be purchased on a budget.. In this instance and once you find a sandisk card ( or any other card) always check the speed class before you view it's storage capacity.. other things to look for is if the MicroSD card is a single card (without a portable reader) or has the reader within the kit you purchase.

Another option might be to purchase a lesser MicroSD card and a portable flash card which can be plug-n-play into your device and kept separate and away from the main system. One last thing.. when traveling, your open to all types of scrutiny when traveling to third world country.. I'm not saying this can happen, but it can happen.

If the boarder police ask to see your devices, you might be missing the SD card afterward. But not all is not lost. Eye-Fi is another option which allows you take images and wifi them to a main server for storage and installs into your camera. I like this system, however, there aren't any plans to create a microSD card for smaller devices.

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you buy from a reputable source as well. I've purchased 3 from eBay in attempt to save a few dollars and they were a counterfeits.

writedoc

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I use, and am very happy with, a Samsung 128 EVO+ ($61.50 at Amazon.ca). Plays video, music, photos very smoothly.

Hello!

I have LG G4 from Verizon and currently using SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS1 Memory Card, but I take lots of photos (I do upload them to Google Photos and Lyve but still lots of them are on my SD Card).

Next month, I plan to travel oversea, and I'm considering to upgrade it to 128GB size...

So, I want to find out which 128GB SD Card would be the best fit for my LG G4.
I will be storing photos, videos and some music download to...
Fast speed will be nice, but I can afford max $50ish thru Amazon...
Also reliability would be a big plus.

I look forward to hearing some suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi T0ASTERvan,
Thank you very much for the information.
Well, I'm going to Japan to visit my family and to travel around little more where I've never been or haven't visited a long time (I'm a Japanese and lived in the US over 20 years) and bringing my fiancee, my daughter & her BF. So, I expect to take a lot of pictures.
I will be renting a pocket Wi-Fi router, so, I will have a secure connection to upload.

I'll check out the SanDisk and Samsung as writedoc mentioned.

I use Lyve but their seach feature is not really good like Google Photos (which I use it as well).

I'll check out Eye-Fi. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274