Question Best camera phone with sd card

tuscan72

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I need to replace my samsung s7 with a new phone. I need a SD card as I have 400gb of photos saved on the s7 and Im using the phone only for calls and taking photos, what is the best phone with expandable memory? ( a refurb is ok with me too, it doesn't need to be a brand new model)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sony is probably your best bet -- they still offer microSD card slots, and they're also renowned for their cameras. But they tend to be pretty expensive as well.

Side note -- make sure you're backing up your photos regularly to some kind of reliable storage. SD cards are not considered reliable, and have a finite lifespans. Onboard storage is more reliable, but if something happens to the phone itself (e.g., it gets run over by a truck, or stolen, or the screen breaks, or the motherboard fails), then those photos are gone. I would normally also recommend cloud storage as an option, but since you already said you have 400 GB of photos saved to an SD card, I'm guessing that you don't want to use the cloud.