Please Help - LG G5 Malfunction While updating

Garrett Richards

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This morning my phone gave me the notification that an Android update was available. It was for 400+ MB and so I started downloading it at work so it can download and install while I dont need to use it. However, it seemed to stall - the screen turned white. An hour and a half have passed and the screen is still white. The phone is very hot (I took it out of its case to cool down) and the notification LED is fading on and off, the color is blue. Pressing the power button or the volume buttons doesn't do anything. I have not attempted to hold down the power button to turn it off.

What do I do??? They always say not to turn off your phone during a download but this looks like the download is not working and my phone is not functional. Do I pull out the battery? I want to play it safe here.

Thanks!
Garrett

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a t-mobile model? I got an update like that this morning. Was it still downloading the update or did it finish and reboot to install it?

If you were still downloading it I would turn it off or pull the battery.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
What update? 6.0.1? Mine is Verizon G5.

I finally received my first update since I bought the phone on June 3rd. Very happy beings I was noticing a lot of other people getting security patches all summer. I thought there might have been something wrong with my phone. And now I know there ain't.

It's just a security patch. Nothing more. Still 6.0.1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress