LG G6 Battery Life not looking up to par...anyone have a similar experience?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life on your G6? Seems like its not up to par with the newer devices.

http://phandroid.com/2017/04/04/lg-g6-battery-life-first-24-hours/

"Obviously, the first day with a new phone is very tough on the battery. I was using the phone nearly nonstop. To put that into perspective, I normally have 3-4 hours of screen-on time for an entire day, not one evening. The first 24 hours with a phone is a trial by fire for the battery. I’ll have more realistic day-to-day results in our full review."

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As I stated in a previous thread, draining has been fast and charging has been slow, even with the included 'fast charger.' It was so bad to the point where I'm surfing the net and I can see the battery percentage drop every minute or two, and that's with the brightness set to auto or forced low, also making sure no other apps or services are running in the background. Just reading Twitter and Facebook (no autoplaying of videos) for 45 minutes on a 90 minute bus commute, and by the time I'm in the office, my battery was down almost 30%.

Only after a few full drains and recharges, it seems to have gotten better with the discharging, but the charging is still pathetic, compared to my previous Moto Z and my iPhone 7 Plus. I've been charging from 25% to 75%, unused for the past two hours and 10 minutes. That's not acceptable, IMO.

Peculiarly, Canadian carriers have just received a G6 firmware update specifically to address battery issues, bringing their firmware up to H87310b. US carriers still are on H87210e. If this is how it's going to be, the G6 is going back even faster.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/04/lg-issuing-battery-performance-update-canadian-g6.html
LG G6 battery performance updated ahead of official Canadian launch date

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd G6 after returning the first due to some horrible camera scratches. The first consistently got 6 1/2 hours SOT. Todays my first day with the new one but I'm already seeing similar results.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As I stated in a previous thread, draining has been fast and charging has been slow, even with the included 'fast charger.' It was so bad to the point where I'm surfing the net and I can see the battery percentage drop every minute or two, and that's with the brightness set to auto or forced low, also making sure no other apps or services are running in the background. Just reading Twitter and Facebook (no autoplaying of videos) for 45 minutes on a 90 minute bus commute, and by the time I'm in the office, my battery was down almost 30%.

Only after a few full drains and recharges, it seems to have gotten better with the discharging, but the charging is still pathetic, compared to my previous Moto Z and my iPhone 7 Plus. I've been charging from 25% to 75%, unused for the past two hours and 10 minutes. That's not acceptable, IMO.

Peculiarly, Canadian carriers have just received a G6 firmware update specifically to address battery issues, bringing their firmware up to H87310b. US carriers still are on H87210e. If this is how it's going to be, the G6 is going back even faster.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/04/lg-issuing-battery-performance-update-canadian-g6.html
LG G6 battery performance updated ahead of official Canadian launch date

There s something wrong if it's taking that long to charge. Does it actually indicate fast charging? Also if you use it while it's charging it won't fast charge.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There s something wrong if it's taking that long to charge. Does it actually indicate fast charging? Also if you use it while it's charging it won't fast charge.

Yes, it says, 'fast charging' and I'm using the supplied charger and cable. Haven't used it since I got home, so it's been charging at a steady pace, as shown in the OS' battery graph.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am consistently getting 15 or 16 hours of daily use with at least four sometimes five hours of sot. Much better than my v20

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah something has to be wrong. Your battery should at least be on par with the V20 users. Most in that form report 4-5 hours of screen time and 10-15 hours all together.

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life it not good either. I have the LG Style watch linked to it..I don't know if that's the problem. And the phone gets really hot just sitting in my apron pocket while I'm working during the day. I'm wondering if it's defective.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
What does you SOT look like? TylerLV76 consistently got 6 1/2 hrs which I think is pretty good.
Even on the new one I got yesterday I'm already getting the same 6 1/2 hours SOT. I've been seeing a lot of people showing the same amount of SOT. That much SOT after a full day off the charger is excellent as far as I'm concerned.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Even on the new one I got yesterday I'm already getting the same 6 1/2 hours SOT. I've been seeing a lot of people showing the same amount of SOT. That much SOT after a full day off the charger is excellent as far as I'm concerned.

Awesome! That's more than what I get on the S7 edge and we're talking 3300mAh vs 3600mAh battery.

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life it not good either. I have the LG Style watch linked to it..I don't know if that's the problem. And the phone gets really hot just sitting in my apron pocket while I'm working during the day. I'm wondering if it's defective.

Ok. I found the culprit. Accuweather app. I removed it and now my battery lasts me all day with no problem...whew! Love this phone.. did not want to part with it....

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife uses her phone a lot for work (12 hour days) for texting, emails, some pic texts, and phone calls (5 or 6 short calls per day)...about 5 hours SOT. She charges her phone full before bed (9pm) and when she gets home the next day around 6p, she typically has 60%. So, batter life has been excellent.

the reel d-dave

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
My first day was rough too. But I reinstalled all my old apps from my old phone. I reset, started from scratch, and I'm good. 16+ hour days, all good. Great battery life for me!

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
No problems with mine. I've had mine for a week now and today was best battery life yet. 31 hours off charger and 5 hours 22 minutes of SOT. That beats the hell out my V20 and rivals IP7plus easily. I have 20% left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty