Convert sd card to be used as adoptable storage

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I love adoptable storage when it's available, think it was available on HTC phones where I can make the SD card and internal storage as one big storage. Obviously this take takes away the flexibility of using the SD card. But here is a great video which shows how to convert the G6 SD card to use as adoptable storage, better yet you have an option to allocate a percentage of your SD card as internal storage and remaining to be used as SD card.

https://youtu.be/N6pWo2U-Xuk

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Oooooor you could just use the SD card as the storage for all photos and videos which will solve the problem this guy starts the video off wth to begin with....

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oooooor you could just use the SD card as the storage for all photos and videos which will solve the problem this guy starts the video off wth to begin with....
Ooooor it's people's wish to choose on how to use their storage. Personally I like one big storage and also lots of apps don't install on SD card etc and various other advantages. Having one big integrated storage is great. It's great option for low internal storage phones, if you want to continue to use it SD card no one is stopping that. This is for people who want to use it as adoptable storage.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Having the option is nice. I think Samsung disables it by default?
Yeah, I don't see it on my S8 as well. But at least it has 64 GB internal so I wasn't that worried. But on my G6 I definitely going to try this tonight with my 256 GB uhs 3 SD card 😀

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
If you watch the video you will see LG isn't giving you this option. You have to go through a process involving drivers for your PC and then ADB it to get it to work. Also this isn't ideal. By merging the storage, in the event the SD card craps out or starts giving you issues, you essentially have to wipe the phone and start from scratch.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The same workaround can be used with Samsungs. The video doesn't give instructions on how to install ADB on your PC.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The same workaround can be used with Samsungs. The video doesn't give instructions on how to install ADB on your PC.

Download android SDK platform tools, they are lots of articles on this. Google search should help you get a guide on how to do that.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Download android SDK platform tools, they are lots of articles on this. Google search should help you get a guide on how to do that.
Oh, I have ADB on both Linux and Windows. I was more pointing out that additional steps would need to be done for other people reading this thread.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty