Issue with video calls

CableBox

May 27, 2016
Visit site
hello. i am on the metro pcs network, and use the built-in app for calling. my cameras both work fine, but for some reason can't send any video during a call. on my end everything seems fine, but they get no video from me.

can anyone help? i would like to see if this can be fixed before restoring the phone. :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i dunno, but had thought maybe it was like a setting or default app setting. because like i tried out a couple caller id app's that intercept and handle your calls. so i tried an app like default app manager, but nothing seems to have changed. nothing in quickshortcutmaker either. maybe just looking in the wrong spots.

i should also note the video call feature worked fine in the past... like a week ago or something. seems like a full restore should work, but would really like to figure it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alrighty... well, i have been through n' through and can't really seem to find what is causing the issue. a factory data reset cleared the problem right up. i can't be a hundred percent, but would put my finger an app called ultimate caller id being the cause.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get this phone from MetroPCS, or did you get it unlocked from elsewhere?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see that you edited your original post to mention that it's working now after a factory reset. Glad you figured out a solution!

In the future, to make the flow of the forum thread clearer, create new replies for updates, rather than editing the original post--it makes more sense when reading through the thread. Thanks!

CableBox

May 27, 2016
Visit site
yeah. lol i couldn't quite figure out how to get to here, and was only presented with the ability to update the question. after submitting the update it would bring me back to like the original forum thing here. welp... maybe one day i will try to confirm exactly what caused the issue.

anyhow, thank you very much. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch