Battery Life Shorter Than Expected - What am I doing wrong??

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the LG Optimus G Pro and absolutely love the phone. However, I have one question regarding the battery life. All of the reviews that I have seen has the battery life lasting a full day on one charge. However, I can't go six hours before I'm looking for a wall charger somewhere. I have my brightness at 50 percent most of the time. I do use blue tooth headphones at work. No gps and while at work I'm on the 4g network. I stream music that is already on my phone not Pandora or any other music app. I'm also using juice defender as well what gives??

Last edited by a moderator:

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: What am I doing wrong??

First off, uninstall Juice Defender. "Battery Booster" apps don't do anything but hurt your battery life. Post screenshots of your screen in Settings/Battery and Settings/Battery/Screen

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Is this what you were asking for?

Attachments

• 2013-07-09-18-30-48.jpg
    2013-07-09-18-30-48.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 2013-07-09-18-29-53.jpg
    2013-07-09-18-29-53.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 84

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Here is mine I use no special utilities one is LTE the other is WiFi

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373416871026.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373416871026.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 72
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373416900695.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373416900695.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 72

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Yes i know you are one of the guys I was talking about getting great battery life. Do you even use your phone? Lol. I want battery life like that! Apparently I'm doing something wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm at 3 hours 26 minutes screen-on time at about 40% and 4 hours 26 minutes total time since I took it off the charger at 100%. Battery is at 41%.

I've been getting around 5 to 6 hours of actual screen time, or a solid day if I don't use the screen a lot. But that doesn't happen often. LOL

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Yes i know you are one of the guys I was talking about getting great battery life. Do you even use your phone? Lol. I want battery life like that! Apparently I'm doing something wrong.

I do use my phone the screen time is there the thing is I make sure the time out is at the lowest setting and I use mainly for tweeting texting YouTube emails and some gaming I don't talk as much I travel a lot for work so music which doesn't kill the battery not sure I do not use the save power mode but I do have the button turned on to optimize the chip

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Gathered my battery stats today. Sent these in reply to a pm but figured they might be useful for someone else...

Screen has been on at 60% for 3h 17m. And consumed 64% of battery usage.

Phone has been on with one reboot for 7 hours. About six of them on Wi-Fi with weak cell, the test in relatively strong cell signal, all hspa. Had ingress running for about an hour and it accounts for 13% of battery usage.

Battery is currently at 17%.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
After watching it a couple of days, I came to realize that if you are a heavy user like myself (i am constantly on my phone doing something) you can get about seven hours of battery life. So I purchased another battery. Problem solved!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

After watching it a couple of days, I came to realize that if you are a heavy user like myself (i am constantly on my phone doing something) you can get about seven hours of battery life. So I purchased another battery. Problem solved!

There's always the ZeroLemon option:

Amazon.com: [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon LG Optimus G Pro 9300mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case with 180 days Zero Lemon Guarantee Warranty (Compatible with LG Optimus G Pro , T-Mobile Optimus G Pro , Sprint Op

;)

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Thought about that, but the extra girth was just too much for me. I'll just slip an extra battery in my pocket everyday. It's what I had to do with my GS3.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thought about that, but the extra girth was just too much for me. I'll just slip an extra battery in my pocket everyday. It's what I had to do with my GS3.

I hear ya. I'm used to the extra girth, having carried an HTC Thunderbolt around for the last two years, with the extended battery so it wouldn't die on me on my 20-minute commute home.

OK, OK, I'm exaggerating. It would only die when I got caught in traffic for 10 more minutes. LOL

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Got my spare battery in the mail yesterday. Now I can enjoy my Optimus G Pro like is was intended to be enjoyed! Brightness up, notifications on, live wallpapers, really taking advantage of that 1080p screen. I'm a happy man!

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my spare battery in the mail yesterday. Now I can enjoy my Optimus G Pro like is was intended to be enjoyed! Brightness up, notifications on, live wallpapers, really taking advantage of that 1080p screen. I'm a happy man!

What spare battery did u get?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting the zero lemon 9800mah battery. Should last me all day without having to change batteries. I'll see.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
i got the zero lemon this bad boy is great it may be large and make your phone heavier but its worth it i must hate the tpu case it comes with but i haven't charged the phone in 3 days its 65% discharged great battery i will post some screen shots once it dies completely

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have seen some reviews that says the case is a little loose. Do you agree with this, or would you say that it's just as tight as any other case?

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have seen some reviews that says the case is a little loose. Do you agree with this, or would you say that it's just as tight as any other case?

On mine it really is not it seemed to tight the first few days as the screen shot would activate if I just barely touched it bit day 4 all is good now for the good part day 4 still have not had to charge battery 59hrs expected time remaining 64hrs I have 40% screen usage I have it turned up to 90% brightness since Saturday this might make your phone hefty but it's worth it

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta