LG Optimus G does not support group MMS messaging - tried Go SMS Pro

ChrisCake44

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have had problems for the last 1 1/2 years with this phone regarding group MMS messaging. Most of my friends have iPhones and they always do group iMessage. I know that Samsung S1-4 phones work very well with group messaging, but LG does not. The stock messaging app does not support it. I downloaded Go SMS Pro last summer and after some research and changing some settings, I was able to get group messaging! It would show as a download MMS message in their individual thread, automatically download it and then place the message into the group thread. Unfortunately when Sprint upgraded to 4G LTE, the MMS would not download out of the individual thread. I went to Sprint, and they told me that 4G LTE is still a "baby" and when I get group messages, to switch to the 3G CDMA network for them to download. Annoying, but it worked. Now my new problem is in the last couple of months, my friends with Windows Phone through Verizon come up as blank texts in my group thread once downloaded. If they send a picture MMS, I see that in the group thread, but not a simple text MMS. I've spent hours on the phone with Sprint with no success. I've uninstalled Go SMS Pro and reinstalled, no success. I've tried other text apps, they don't support group MMS on my phone. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had problems for the last 1 1/2 years with this phone regarding group MMS messaging. Most of my friends have iPhones and they always do group iMessage. I know that Samsung S1-4 phones work very well with group messaging, but LG does not. The stock messaging app does not support it. I downloaded Go SMS Pro last summer and after some research and changing some settings, I was able to get group messaging! It would show as a download MMS message in their individual thread, automatically download it and then place the message into the group thread. Unfortunately when Sprint upgraded to 4G LTE, the MMS would not download out of the individual thread. I went to Sprint, and they told me that 4G LTE is still a "baby" and when I get group messages, to switch to the 3G CDMA network for them to download. Annoying, but it worked. Now my new problem is in the last couple of months, my friends with Windows Phone through Verizon come up as blank texts in my group thread once downloaded. If they send a picture MMS, I see that in the group thread, but not a simple text MMS. I've spent hours on the phone with Sprint with no success. I've uninstalled Go SMS Pro and reinstalled, no success. I've tried other text apps, they don't support group MMS on my phone. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I used Go SMS Pro with AT&T and had no issues.

beecuzican

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I LOVE my Optimus G Pro, but I belong to a dog rescue group and they send out group messages. I think it's odd I can send a group message, but not receive one, it makes it impossible to follow the conversation because they are coming through as individual responses....but it is what it is. I downloaded Go SMS Pro, but I do NOT like it. Is there a way to change the settings so that my messages are received in the stock messaging and when I see what should be a group message, open Go SMS Pro to simply view that message? If I have stated my question in way that confuses you, please ask for more clarification, I don't mind.

THANK YOU.

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE my Optimus G Pro, but I belong to a dog rescue group and they send out group messages. I think it's odd I can send a group message, but not receive one, it makes it impossible to follow the conversation because they are coming through as individual responses....but it is what it is. I downloaded Go SMS Pro, but I do NOT like it. Is there a way to change the settings so that my messages are received in the stock messaging and when I see what should be a group message, open Go SMS Pro to simply view that message? If I have stated my question in way that confuses you, please ask for more clarification, I don't mind.

THANK YOU.

I have tried them all! Here's the best. Textra. I never have a single problem with group texts/MMS. Fully uninstall Go SMS Pro. Then reboot your phone and Install Textra.

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-g-pro/817048-text-app.html#post6457692

Make sure you set the settings correctly for group.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty