ATT Optimus G notification LED

ejmdds

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Picked up this phone yesterday. Came from a GS3 and so far have found the phone to be just as fast if not faster. The notification LED around the power button is my only gripe so far. It is fairly visible and has a bright red hue however the interval between flashes seems to take an exceptionally long time (20-25 sec) and pretty much useless to me. I prefer the GS3 flash rate to this, and there is no way of setting it on here. Lightflow app specifically states it does not work with most LG phones. If I have left the room and return, it is much faster to just wake the phone to check if I missed a notification. At this point there are only 2 cases available at ATT (a crappy Body Glove in pink/dk grey or turq/grey or a black Belkin bumper) and searches on google and ebay yield nothing. Since the ATT variant differs from the Sprint and International versions a case mfgr would have to produce one specific to my device. Unless there is a cutout in the case the notification LED would be rendered useless since the power button would be covered up. I believe the Body Glove has a cutout for the power button however once recessed in the case it is even harder to see the LED. The phone has a solid build but is very slippery and although I do not usually use a case I think if one gets the phone it is warranted. I have experienced zero lag so far and not seen any homescreen redraw like I did with my GS3 running Nova Launcher.

Oh Joseph

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is my first post. Also I have been trying to set up the alert notification with no sucess. I found the NO Led App to do the trick by selecting to blink the screen on and off every so many seconds, the screen will be fade not as when it is unlock. It is on the settings. I wrote LG about it but no answer yet,there are some reviews on line that mention the same problem. Hopefully they will come up with an update to fix it. thus far the phone is a great machine. Reading the instruccion books saves a lot of headaches.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my sprint logog to see if that would work. But it didn't. Maybe it's different att?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay good to know it is not just me (well not really good but you get my meaning). This seems like a pretty large oversight on LG's part. Still not a deal breaker on the phone as many other things work so well.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app