[TUTORIAL] How I updated from LifeLess Rom to Stock Rooted JB on Windows 8

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the same error on Windows 8 many are posting on many forums
First I used the Revo Uninstaller (ninite.com) to remove all traces of LG from my PC. I used CCLEANER (piriform.com) and then downloaded these LG drivers under :
"Install the Windows LGOG Drivers"
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2050582

then I installed AUTO LGNPST in the irc!! I followed these instructions to a CAPITAL T:

1.) Run install.bat to install the necessary programs. If you are using Windows Vista or later then Run install.bat as Administrator (Right click install.bat and click Run as Administrator)

2.) Download the proper factory image (should end with .tot) and rename the file from .tot to .bin (if it ends with .zip, gzip, .rar, .7z, .tar, etc. than you need to extract it first) {I EXTRACTED EVERYTHING TO MY DESKTOP}

3.) Plug your phone into the computer. Then put your phone in download mode, continue reading if your not sure how. From then power off state press and hold Volume Up + Down and then press Power. If this does not work then try again except release the power before the LG logo shows up. The phone's screen will says "Download Mode Do Not Unplug". MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT IN FASTBOOT MODE.

4.) Wait for the drivers to be detected and installed. Once they are run LGNPST. To do so do the following: Click Start - All Programs (if applicable) - LGNPST

5.) {THERE'S A TINY FOLDER AT THE BOTTOM LEFT OF LGNPST CLICK IT } Select LGNPST_LS970.dll for the DLL file and then for the .bin file, use the bin file that you renamed from tot to bin.

If LGNPST errors out at 85%, after a few minutes turn your phone off and hold the power button until the phone powers on, then release.

I then upgraded from ZV7 to ZV9 OTA

I followed these for rooting ZV9:

Root phone using this method.
[GUIDE] 3-1-13- ZV7,ZV8,ZV9 AND JB/ZVB ROOT and UNLOCKING and other stuff - xda-developers

I used Root Explorer to push the update to my /cache
(Don't forget to set your permissions)
I used the Windows command to ADB REBOOT RECOVERY into stock Android recovery. I flashed the update.zip and ten minutes later it was gold.

Make sure your phone is charged!

I hope this helps.