How can I fix uploading from P20 to Windows?

IW Photographer P20

Dec 13, 2022
Visit site
I never had this problem before. I used Windows 11. I used to just plug my P20 into my computer via USB, then I could easily upload whatever photos I had taken since the last upload.

Now, I get a message in Windows' Photo app (for my desktop): "Getting your device ready. We are loading your items form HUAWEI P20. This may take a few minutes."

I have to wait until every single photo and video on my phone is accounted for.

When everything is supposedly ready to be uploaded, I get the following: 9187 photos, 328 videos. With the choice: Select new (8822), or Select all (9515).

I have to one-by-one pick the photos I want to upload, instead of being able to just pick a whole month or whatever is new since the last upload.

For some reason my Photos app thinks there's about 9000 new photos, yet there's probably only about 200 since it last worked properly.

I've been doing everything to check the Windows Photo app, but everything seems OK. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled it. So, I could be wrong, but it seems to be an issue with the phone, not computer.

I've even given up and decided to just "Select new", to upload the 9000 or so photos, but it only goes so far, then an error occurs, not uploading everything.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator: