Screen protectors

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I like the texture on these. I can't tell it's on. Pretty smooth.
The fit is a little off, smaller than the screen, but not too bad.
For the money, they're worth checking out.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, new here. I intend on getting all my accessories BEFORE I get the phone. Since there was at least one mention of "Boxwave", I'll do so as well:

Optimus S Screen Protectors & Covers / Optimus S Protection / LG Optimus S Screen Protectors & Covers / LG Optimus S Protection

I've been using their screen protectors for years. Although they are pricey, they do the job well. So far I've used them on my old Compaq iPAQ PDA, Garmin Nuvi 350 & 360, Canon Rebel XTi, and Canon PowerShot SD630 cameras, to name a few. I have the non-glare on my Rebel and the regular crystal clear version on my PowerShot.

The only device where I didn't use a Boxware brand protector was on my iPod Touch. Instead, I bought a 3-pack of "iKross" protectors on Amazon.com. It's been installed for 2 years now and still looks crisp and crystal clear as the day I installed it.

You can read my overly-thorough, step-by-step screen protector installation instructions here:

Amazon.com: TD99's review of iKross 3-Pack Premium Reusable LCD Screen ...

While I don't see any "iKross" brand screen protectors for the Optimus S, I do see this which looks promising and was mentioned earlier in the thread:

Amazon.com: LG Optimus S Screen Protector (LG LS670), Mybat 2-pack: Electronics

Last edited:

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm thinking about going with the Clarivue, but can't decide if I want the Anti-Glare or the Ultra Clear. This will be my first screen protector so I'm unsure what to expect out of either. Any help would be appreciated.

Also do this have the cut out for the proximity sensor, and does it even matter?

Last edited:

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm thinking about going with the Clarivue, but can't decide if I want the Anti-Glare or the Ultra Clear. This will be my first screen protector so I'm unsure what to expect out of either. Any help would be appreciated.

Also do this have the cut out for the proximity sensor, and does it even matter?

I don't know anything about the Clarivue protectors but I can tell you from my experience having the cutout for the prox sensor makes no difference at all. My current screen protector doesn't have the cutout and it works fine.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

My lady likes the Clarivue Anti-Glare that I put on hers. I like it as well. For what it's worth it has the cutouts.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So I picked up the anti-glare screens that cr33p posted from ebay: 3 X ANTI-GLARE LCD Screen Protector LG Optimus S LS670 - eBay (item 190482304444 end time Feb-19-11 06:34:43 PST)

I like them a lot. The price was great, $5 for three of them shipped which is a little more expensive than the perfectly clear ones but worth it IMHO.

They are slightly smaller than the clear ones, which were already slightly smaller than the screen, but still cover well enough for me. They do have the notch for the proximity sensor. They're a little less transparent than the clear ones but that's to be expected with the matte finish. It also results in a slightly less crisp image on the phone, but again, to be expected, and nothing that prevents me from reading my tiny fonts (ADW set to use 5x6 icons on the page). The texture is smooth and feels cool - very similar to the texture of a Kindle screen if I had to compare to something.

The cut down in glare/mirror effect, as well as finger print smear is incredible. Let's let the photos do the talking:

IMGP6507.jpg

IMGP6502.jpg

IMGP6501.jpg

IMGP6508.jpg

In that last pic, my wife's phone with the clear protector is at 75% brightness, while mine is at 25%. So these might even be able to help with battery life by making a lower brightness setting easier to see! I am quite pleased with the purchase.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So I picked up the anti-glare screens that cr33p posted from ebay: 3 X ANTI-GLARE LCD Screen Protector LG Optimus S LS670 - eBay (item 190482304444 end time Feb-19-11 06:34:43 PST)

I like them a lot. The price was great, $5 for three of them shipped which is a little more expensive than the perfectly clear ones but worth it IMHO.

They are slightly smaller than the clear ones, which were already slightly smaller than the screen, but still cover well enough for me. They do have the notch for the proximity sensor. They're a little less transparent than the clear ones but that's to be expected with the matte finish. It also results in a slightly less crisp image on the phone, but again, to be expected, and nothing that prevents me from reading my tiny fonts (ADW set to use 5x6 icons on the page). The texture is smooth and feels cool - very similar to the texture of a Kindle screen if I had to compare to something.

The cut down in glare/mirror effect, as well as finger print smear is incredible. Let's let the photos do the talking:

IMGP6507.jpg

IMGP6502.jpg

IMGP6501.jpg

IMGP6508.jpg

In that last pic, my wife's phone with the clear protector is at 75% brightness, while mine is at 25%. So these might even be able to help with battery life by making a lower brightness setting easier to see! I am quite pleased with the purchase.

I was just coming to the forums to post almost the exact same thing, minus the screenshots. I received three of these screen protectors yesterday and have been using one since then. I originally had a shiny screen protector, and I like this matte anti-glare one much better. Definitely worth the small price.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes. No.

:p I suppose I'll elaborate.

Yes they come off quite easily, just need to get it started - fingernail or credit card corner or something - just push against a corner till it pops up and you can get under it, then peel off.

There's no residue, its more like a window cling than a sticker. Not to say that if you get dust on the "sticky" side it won't be there forever. But there is no residue left behind. The only thing I needed to scrub was the dirt that accumulated around the edge because the protector was a little smaller than the screen. No biggie.

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
They have liquid scratch removers which are basically a liquid plastic that fills in the scratch. I've seen them used on glasses (polycarbonate) but not sure if the Opti's screen is compatible plastic.

Back on topic, I took a chance on a couple *cheap* ebay screen protectors: LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR COVER KIT FOR LG LS670 OPTIMUS S - eBay (item 130458277035 end time Dec-23-10 17:05:28 PST)

My family just ordered 4 of these Opti's so I figure for less than a buck each, it's worth a shot. I've had decent luck with the cheap screen films on previous phones (and I had to cut those to fit myself), so we'll see how this goes. I'll report back.

Well, these were a waste of $3. I ordered 3 and I couldn't get any of em to line up properly because the end you started on was the button end. Would've been a lot easier if it started on the speaker end. Oh well. Time to buy some different one or just get a holster and call it a day. Probably go with the latter.

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going with Clarivue's regular "glossy" screens and am happy with them. Finger smudges only show when the screen is totally off. Install was a snap. I also liked the fact that it was a 2-pack since I have two Optimus S's.

kpozan

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an EVO, but my girlfriend has the Optimus, and I was looking for a screen protector similar to my Steinheil protector for my EVO.

Zagg, Ghost Armour, etc., all use adhesive. Frankly, I think they are terrible. Fortunately, I learned that Clairvue makes screen protectors that adhere using static electricity, similar to the screen protector on my EVO or those found on iPhones. They have both utlra-clear and anti-glare versions. I would highly recommend this product.

LG Optimus S Screen Protector from Clarivue

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Best Screen Protector is

I've. Wasted a few dollars trying to get a good protector and since they don't make any for the Optimus yet and the sprint guys say buy the one for the Evo and cut it . Well that scks and the rubber ones sck too. I found my wifes Incredible protectors. They fit almost perfect I only had to cut a little on the bottom corners. I believe they are made buy HTC for Verizon for the Incredible. So they are only available at Verizon. $12.99
:)

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I use a otterbox one for the htc hero. Its a bit smaller but covers the important part.

Sent from LG Optimus S using Tapatalk

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There is a whole thread on screen protectors in the accessories subforum. We've discussed more than a few different protectors there. Go check it out if you are looking for options. I've done a couple reviews in there.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87