Screen protectors

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Do these come off easily? Do they leave anything behind when taking them off?

Try a little packing tape. Apply it diagonally across the screen and leave excess beyond the edge of the protector and pull up gently on the excess. I've done this for years with protectors on my Palm devices. Always worked and never a problem.

horsepow3r

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. Can one of you kind folks please look at your installed anti-glare protectors with polarized sunglasses and see if the polarized lenses affect the screen image quality? I am particularly interested in the Clairvue anti-glare but hearing any comments on any other brands would also be appreciated.

I drive tractor-trailers for a living and use polarized prescription lenses. Having an anti-glare screen protector would be nice, but not if I can't see the screen perfectly with my sunglasses on.

Thanks.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. Can one of you kind folks please look at your installed anti-glare protectors with polarized sunglasses and see if the polarized lenses affect the screen image quality? I am particularly interested in the Clairvue anti-glare but hearing any comments on any other brands would also be appreciated.

I drive tractor-trailers for a living and use polarized prescription lenses. Having an anti-glare screen protector would be nice, but not if I can't see the screen perfectly with my sunglasses on.

Thanks.

I have polarized prescription sunglasses and an anti-glare screen protector. I don't know the brand, but they were linked from a post a few pages back: 3 X ANTI-GLARE LCD Screen Protector LG Optimus S LS670 - eBay (item 190482304444 end time Mar-21-11 07:34:43 PDT)

Anyway, when viewing the phone with my prescription sunglasses on, there is no difference between the anti-glare screen protector and my previous glossy screen protector.

Reactions: horsepow3r

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the anti-glare property is achieved solely with the matte texture on the film. The roughness of the surface causes incoming light to be reflected in a number of directions rather than all together at the same angle like a mirror. If the film were polarized, it would cause less screen light to come through, reducing the brightness of the screen even without sunglasses on, and be rather pointless.

You should be good with anti-glare films, however those claiming "privacy" properties may very well be polarized to prevent the light from the screen from going in any direction but directly at your face, so steer clear of those.

Reactions: horsepow3r

horsepow3r

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The Clarivue anti-glare protectors were horrible. They came with dust already on the sticky side of the film. At first I thought I missed some dust on the screen when applying the first one so I just tossed it out after seeing loads of bubbles with specks in them. After making absolutely sure there was nothing on the screen, I applied the second. I then spent the next half hour removing dust that was stuck to the sticky side of the protector with a piece of scotch tape. I gave up after a piece of the tape ripped off and stuck to the underside of the protector.

I'm extremely disappointed in this product. Back to the drawing board. :(

Young_Bon

Banned
Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
what about the mirror screen protectors?

yhst-128742866415245_2142_19536468.jpg

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I just buy the cheapest ones i can find on ebay and they seem to do the trick just fine.

Sent from my rooted LG Optimus S running CM7

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. I've got a set of anti-glare that fit exactly like those Clarivue ones. I figured for the price they'd be cut right and that's what I was losing out on by buying a set of 3 for $5 shipped, but guess not. :confused:

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine were cut right, I think i paid $2 for 2 clear screen protectors, they did peal from the bottom but I had no trouble getting it aligned. Another great deal on ebay are cases or the rubber covers for this phone... i love ebay!

Sent from my rooted LG Optimus S running CM7

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got a 5 pack from ScreenGuardz when I first got my optimus. At first I thought they were great. Good company, good product. But I found out the reason you get 5 (some companies give 3), is because they WILL lose adhesion after 2-4 weeks and just slide off requiring you to put on a new one. By the 5th one it was getting annoying. So I checked out Zagg and Skinomi along a few others. I went with the Skinomi wet apply with a lifetime guarantee. Yeah it was about $10 but worth every penny. High quality screenguard with impressive packaging and great directions.

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for LG Optimus S + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Cell Phones & Accessories

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a package of 5 made by Griffin at wal-mart for under $6, You do have to cut them to size though. Just make sure you get the ones with a very flexiable feel to them (what i mean is you can bend them in half with out cressing). DO NOT get the protectors that have a real plastic feeling and are rigid (meaning if you bent them in half they get a cress). Then the edges would start showing bubbles within a day, looked like crap!

In all for those of you that have used Zagg you know have they feel and flex thats how a good protector should be.

A little trick i use is even on the dry apply ones i still use a little (very little windex) under the protector so that I can move it into position with out have to peel it back off and when i squeege the protector the fluid forces the air out and end up with 0 bubbles and a nice screen protector that you can barly see!

kh777

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got these and would not advise getting them: 3 ANTI-GLARE Screen Protector for LG Optimus S LS670, $4.95 shipped from seller dcmugen88 - 3 ANTI-GLARE Screen Protector for LG Optimus S LS670 | eBay

They don't fit very well (cut 1-2mm too large overall). They also do not have the sensor cutout, if that's important. The matte non-glare material is okay though, but you'll wind up cutting it to fit. I would try the screen protectors mentioned by Cmags in post #107 instead.

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Clarivue Ultra Clear direct from Clarivue for $12.99 (single).

Pros: Installation went fine with no bubbles and clarity is good. Easy to pull off and re-apply.

Cons: Fingerprints seem worse! But I'm not afraid to constantly wipe it now. I also don't like the cutout for the proximity detector because I don't think it's necessary. It is also cut a bit smaller than it should - it doesn't have to be perfect, but I'd prefer less naked screen exposed. It's a bit pricey compared to many other brands I see people mentioning here.

Would I do it again? Yes, but I think I would try the anti-glare unless they found a way to minimize finger streaks.

perk#AC

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Zagg's product is a little rubbery feeling, but if you can handle that,, IMHO it is far superior to anything else. (ive tried quite a few) You really need to take your time putting it on,, (I have used on past devices and learned from past mistakes) It is practically industructible, and if applied correctly becomes completely invisible within a day or two (You can see some slight inperfections right after application,, DON'T JUDGE RIGHT THEN! as long as you applied it well and got all the bubbles out, the rest will work itself out over a day or two..
I do wish it was "slicker" (I like swype) but thats the only con as far as Im concerned,, I love my invisibleshield..