ARCHIVED: [ROM] - gROM 2.2 - 10/16 - GB - With Flash - Yes, FLASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread! - ROMS U

so i just flashed to this rom using these instructions:

How to Flash
Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
Boot into recovery mode
Wipe Data / Factory Reset
Flash ROM
Reboot and enjoy!

and the rom installed fine, but my phone cant connect to the sprint network now.... #Help:

:-\

Did by any chance you read the prerequisites in post #2 and complete those steps? If so can you confirm your baseband version? Also, when you say cannot connect do you get the icon that shows No Signal? The little x over the signal bars?

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok cant download anything will just go to failed a few sec later running stock gb not sure what to do phone is my only internet

Deez2000

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for all your work. Im loving the rom and haven't ran into any bugs. my data is horrible but it has been that way for days now. Its the sprint service cause my friends come over and there on 1x to. thanks

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

One thing that is weird is that whenever I plug my phone in to a wall charger (not sure about USB in to computer), the screen will wake up but instead of turning back off after the set amount of time (like Froyo did), it will remain on until I turn it off via the power button. I checked the development settings (where you turn on USB debugging) to verify that I did not set that setting myself, but it was not set. I don't know if this was how stock gingerbread straight from Sprint behaved as I flashed this ROM the second I had stock Gingerbread up and running.

I figured this out - for some reason, nothing was selected in the "screen timeout" section of the display settings. Making a selection, any selection, fixed this problem.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for all your work. Im loving the rom and haven't ran into any bugs. my data is horrible but it has been that way for days now. Its the sprint service cause my friends come over and there on 1x to. thanks

Yeah I've had crappy data service for at least the past month or so. It's getting really really annoying. The screwed up thing is my dad's Evo 4G is doing just darn dandy.

Deez2000

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Your data is working? And you just cant download anything. Or is your data just not working at all.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Data is working im on the internet posting this it just wont let me download it keeps going from in progress to failed

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Good deal!

I figured this out - for some reason, nothing was selected in the "screen timeout" section of the display settings. Making a selection, any selection, fixed this problem.

Ahhh, good to know!

Yeah I've had crappy data service for at least the past month or so. It's getting really really annoying. The screwed up thing is my dad's Evo 4G is doing just darn dandy.

Yeah, I have hit some pretty low lows lately! Its sad because I have a shiny Evo 3D but have no 4G service where I am at :mad:

No I didnt even put this rom on it yet im still on stck gb followed all instriction to get it an idk whats going on an my internet is weird too any ideas of what I should do?

Data is working im on the internet posting this it just wont let me download it keeps going from in progress to failed

donbudafuko, this is not related to my ROM so please start a new thread in the general forum as this is not related to development or my ROM in any ways.
Thank you for understanding.

-Scott

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

Im going to start a new thread since im being kick from this thread an the reason I statted herre is cus I was trying to download this rom

Yeah I will be following along cause I'm having the same issue haha. I can browse the market and choose to download something but it immediately errors out. Scrosler is correct though and this has nothing to do with his ROM as I am on the stock GB also. I'm going to try flashing gROM and see if the issue persists.

Edit: If any others run into this issue try going to recovery and choosing the "wipe cache" and "wipe data/factory reset" options. Seemed to do the trick for me after I got a custom recovery installed but the recovery should have nothing to do with it so try a wipe first.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I will be following along cause I'm having the same issue haha. I can browse the market and choose to download something but it immediately errors out. Scrosler is correct though and this has nothing to do with his ROM as I am on the stock GB also. I'm going to try flashing gROM and see if the issue persists.

Edit: If any others run into this issue try going to recovery and choosing the "wipe cache" and "wipe data/factory reset" options. Seemed to do the trick for me after I got a custom recovery installed but the recovery should have nothing to do with it so try a wipe first.
I would start off with doing a FULL wipe of every possible wiping locations, lol

But like you said, ts not an issue related to my ROM. I will GLADLY help you guys troubleshoot, just point me to the thread when you create it.

EDIT: I didn't see your edit! lol But yeah, whenever you have an issue when you change ROMS the first prudent step is to always do a full wipe.

Thank you!

Last edited:

jbyers715

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

So the plot thickens.....I got home and had to enable/disable USB debug and I thought it was charging (I was getting the charging icon in the notification bar). I went and looked at the battery and it was not charging and I was almost out of power. I now have it plugged into the A/C adapter. We'll see what happens. Does anyone suggest a full wipe and re-flash?

EDIT - It charges via A/C adapter.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

So the plot thickens.....I got home and had to enable/disable USB debug and I thought it was charging (I was getting the charging icon in the notification bar). I went and looked at the battery and it was not charging and I was almost out of power. I now have it plugged into the A/C adapter. We'll see what happens. Does anyone suggest a full wipe and re-flash?

EDIT - It charges via A/C adapter.
Strangeness! But yes, I always recommend a full wipe and flash. Its actually part of the installation instructions. Consider doing that and post back and let me know. I am at work right now so I cant do much but if you find it buggy after that I will take a look.

FWIW I had no problems charging or usb when I was beta testing in those furious hours. I was at 57% when I started my testing and it charged up to 100 during that time frame. I did notice, when I didn't wipe coming from pure VD to VH I had goofy USB things (now that I think about it). But after I got the radio on and the recovery back I did a FULL WIPE OF EVERYTHING then flashed the ROM and it has been acting like it should. Charges properly on usb, no problems at all to be honest with you.

But let me know what you get after a full wipe and then reinstall. We can go from there as this is my next step in troubleshooting the USB goofy-ness you are seeing.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net

Is anyone else experiencing the "feature" of extreme screen responsiveness? I can't even drag an item on my home screen without accidently opening the app nor browse web pages, its REALLY annoying. Anyone having symptoms like that? I just used the Z device test app and it seems fine. I really don't know...

EDIT: Seems that this is an issue with Drew's new kernel, gonna reflash without the kernel and verify.

jbyers715

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Strangeness! But yes, I always recommend a full wipe and flash. Its actually part of the installation instructions. Consider doing that and post back and let me know. I am at work right now so I cant do much but if you find it buggy after that I will take a look.

FWIW I had no problems charging or usb when I was beta testing in those furious hours. I was at 57% when I started my testing and it charged up to 100 during that time frame. I did notice, when I didn't wipe coming from pure VD to VH I had goofy USB things (now that I think about it). But after I got the radio on and the recovery back I did a FULL WIPE OF EVERYTHING then flashed the ROM and it has been acting like it should. Charges properly on usb, no problems at all to be honest with you.

But let me know what you get after a full wipe and then reinstall. We can go from there as this is my next step in troubleshooting the USB goofy-ness you are seeing.

I did a full wipe of everything and same problems. I'm going to try going to back to stock with root and see what happens.

EDIT - I'm now back to stock GB with root and USB is functioning as it should. But now my home and search buttons don't work.

Last edited:

vicvon

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

to go back to stock did you just flash the zvhupdate.zip over grom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19