Bricked or something???

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine bricked his Optimus S LS670VD or did something to it anyways after he had someone else root the phone for him through ADB (he didnt know how and never heard of these forums before i guess. He says he just wanted it for the wireless hotspot) .He doesn't have a custom recovery, no custom rom, and no custom kernel. Everything is stock except its rooted. He also was messing around with Rom Manager and tried to install a recovery from there. Nothing was ever installed i guess because when i try to get into recovery it has a blank black screen. He rooted it a couple months ago but was just recently messing around with the app Metamorph. He said he was trying to change the look of of some icons and he changed the color of the white notification bar to a blue color. Anyways soon after he changed the color of things, none of his apps will open, except for the games, they will play. The settings won't work, nothing will, it says "The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" when we try opening the messaging app.

Ive been looking all over the web on how to fix this. I cant seem to figure anything out. Ive went all through the forums but apparently havent found a solution. I personaly rooted my phone using gingerbreak and have never used ADB before.I had an extra memory card so i put it in my phone and downloaded the Xionia Recovery then put the sdcard into his phone in hopes i could use the ADB to install the Xionia Recovery to his phone.That way i can hopefully factory reset the phone or once the recovery is installed, put a rom on it and then flash it. I watched a video on youtube on how to install ADB but when i plug the phone in and try some commands, i get the $ symbol and not the # symbol. Not sure if i set up the SDK incorrectly or what??? I cant seem to find what "archives" in SDK manager to install.
Basically im not sure how to fix it and would highly highly appreciate some help here lol.Thanks to all who replies and sorry for the looooong post.

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Second the ROM Manager Warning.
If it were mine I would probably take the easy way out and restore it to factory using KDZ and start over.

If you can still access ADB then I'm sure there are alternative measures you can take. One of the forum guru's can field that solution much better than I can.

Good luck -

Reactions: scottypeterson

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
OK if you can get in adb shell then you should be able to recover.
When you get the $ type su (super user), that should change it to a #. Check phone, you may have to except permission. (You might have to use screencast if the screen is black)
If you do get the # you should be able to install custom recovery. Then the rest is easy!

The reason why you get a black screen now when you try getting into recovery is because when he was messing around with rom manager it installed that recovery that is not compatible with the screen.(possibly)
sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

Last edited:
Reactions: scottypeterson

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
got it fixed finially lol!! i think i installed a different lg optimus driver or something, not exactly sure what happened but i finially got the # symbol and installed the xionia recovery and now its running drews cyanogenmod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat