Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 126 to 144 of 144
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #126  
    ikeywatson's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    If you have tried these instructions on another ROM let me know and I will update the list of what works and what doesn't.

    confirmed for hydroRom(on zvj),i used the cm7 zip and instructions
  2. #127  
    Buddlespit's Avatar
    Wannabe kewl

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    I used it on GingerRom, but I had to copy e2fsck and tune2fs to /system/bin and 6 libext*.so files into /system/lib in the rom before I could format. Then I copied 40data2ext to the init.d folder, rebooted and enabled the data2ext. I probably didn't need to copy 40data2ext, it could have been flashed.
  3. #128  

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    It seems after installing this mod when trying to install apps via "adb install" command from a computer the phone crashes and reboots itself. Any way to prevent this from happening?

    nevermind was just the particular apps i was trying to install i guess.....
    Last edited by garbb; 04-22-2012 at 02:03 AM.
  4. #129  
    CardcaptorRLH85's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    Ok, I've been using data2ext for months (maybe a year actually...) now on this Optimus S and I've been using this /dalvik-cache ever since I first had a 'Low on space' issue and found this thread. However, I've recently re-flashed the ROM on my phone and for some reason while trying to restore my apps from Titanium Backup, I've been running into this 'Low on space' issue again. I know that I have enough free space since I actually checked:

    Code:
    # df
    df
    Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    tmpfs                   217948        32    217916   0% /dev
    tmpfs                   217948         0    217948   0% /mnt/asec
    tmpfs                   217948         0    217948   0% /mnt/obb
    /dev/block/mtdblock5    162304    136360     25944  84% /system
    /dev/block/mtdblock6    168832    167408      1424  99% /mnt/asec/data
    /dev/block/mtdblock1    127104     36564     90540  29% /cache
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2   1032088    580288    399372  59% /data
    /dev/block/vold/179:1
                           7021824   6546912    474912  93% /mnt/sdcard
    /dev/block/vold/179:1
                           7021824   6546912    474912  93% /mnt/secure/asec
    /dev/block/dm-0          16612     15216      1396  92% /mnt/asec/com.aldiko.and
    roid-1
    /dev/block/dm-1          37364     35472      1892  95% /mnt/asec/ca.jamdat.flig
    ht.scrabblefree-1
    #
    /data shows as having 59% used and /cache shows as having only 29% used. So I don't know what the issue is. Also, I'm wondering why a couple of my programs (Aldiko ebook reader and Scrabble Free) have created their own mount points. Is that normal or is there some issue that I don't know about. I would greatly appreciate it if I could get some help with this issue. Thanks ^_^
  5. #130  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    How can I tell which class is my 8gb sdcard? After I do this will I be able to disable or enable? I ask this because I change roms a lot

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
  6. #131  
    Va1ha11a's Avatar
    Troll Headhunter

    Posts
    1,051 Posts
    ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    it's on your sd card. (there should be a large number with a circle around it. (So this is a class 2, because there is a two in the top right corner.

    [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7-micro-sd-cards.jpg
  7. #132  
    blackops1125's Avatar
    Advisor

    Posts
    989 Posts

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    it's on your sd card. (there should be a large number with a circle around it. (So this is a class 2, because there is a two in the top right corner.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Micro-SD-Cards.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	27486
    Some of the cheaper cards do not have it posted. So you will not see the 2,4,6,10 ect...!
    If it not shown get a new card!
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  8. #133  
    blackops1125's Avatar
    Advisor

    Posts
    989 Posts

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    How can I tell which class is my 8gb sdcard? After I do this will I be able to disable or enable? I ask this because I change roms a lot

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
    Yes you can disable it!
    just type data2ext --disable in adb or terminal.

    Just FYI if you flash a rom that does not support it nothing bad will happen even if you left it enabled. You just wont see the extra space.
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  9. #134  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post
    Yes you can disable it!
    just type data2ext --disable in adb or terminal.

    Just FYI if you flash a rom that does not support it nothing bad will happen even if you left it enabled. You just wont see the extra space.
    Thanks I will try tommorow

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
  10. #135  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    It says umount not recognized and Dev/block/mmcblk0p2 permission denied and I typed su and I'm using terminal emulator

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
  11. #136  
    blackops1125's Avatar
    Advisor

    Posts
    989 Posts

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    It says umount not recognized and Dev/block/mmcblk0p2 permission denied and I typed su and I'm using terminal emulator

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
    First which rom are you trying to use this with? Second did you use the correct data2ext.zip for the rom your using?
    If your running CM7 then use the : data2ext4-V4.zip.
    Make sure you flash the zip first before you enter code.

    4.Boot into recovery and flash the data2ext zip.

    5.Reboot into the ROM and make sure SD-EXT is not mounted. From ADB shell run


    Code:
    mount|egrep mmcblk0p2
    If that command returns anything unmount SD-EXT by running


    Code:
    umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    6.Format the ext partition by running these commands from ADB shell:


    Code:
    mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    e2fsck -yf /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

    7.Activate data2ext by running this from ADB shell. Reborn/VD based ROMs will see some errors about modules already being loaded


    Code:
    data2ext --enable
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  12. #137  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post
    First which rom are you trying to use this with? Second did you use the correct data2ext.zip for the rom your using?
    If your running CM7 then use the : data2ext4-V4.zip.
    Make sure you flash the zip first before you enter code.

    4.Boot into recovery and flash the data2ext zip.

    5.Reboot into the ROM and make sure SD-EXT is not mounted. From ADB shell run


    Code:
    mount|egrep mmcblk0p2
    If that command returns anything unmount SD-EXT by running


    Code:
    umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    6.Format the ext partition by running these commands from ADB shell:


    Code:
    mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    e2fsck -yf /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

    7.Activate data2ext by running this from ADB shell. Reborn/VD based ROMs will see some errors about modules already being loaded


    Code:
    data2ext --enable
    Unmount not regconized and /Dev/block/mccblk0p2 perrmission denied I'm running cm7

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
    Last edited by jonny5449; 06-08-2012 at 06:32 PM.
  13. #138  
    blackops1125's Avatar
    Advisor

    Posts
    989 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    Unmount not regconized and /Dev/block/mccblk0p2 perrmission denied I'm running cm7

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
    Did you try the rest of the codes after that?

    Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
  14. #139  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post
    Did you try the rest of the codes after that?

    Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    No

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
  15. #140  
    blackops1125's Avatar
    Advisor

    Posts
    989 Posts

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    Unmount not regconized and /Dev/block/mccblk0p2 perrmission denied I'm running cm7

    Sent from futuristic optimus s
    Yea give the rest a try, you might be getting that because it might already be unmounted.
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
  16. #141  

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    I used it on GingerRom, but I had to copy e2fsck and tune2fs to /system/bin and 6 libext*.so files into /system/lib in the rom before I could format. Then I copied 40data2ext to the init.d folder, rebooted and enabled the data2ext. I probably didn't need to copy 40data2ext, it could have been flashed.
    Where did you get the libext*.so files from?
  17. #142  
    Buddlespit's Avatar
    Wannabe kewl

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by garbb View Post
    Where did you get the libext*.so files from?
    From a 12/2011 cm7 build.
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
  18. #143  

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    I was uncomfortable with moving data & cache to my SD-card because I want the phone to work even if the SD-card fails or is removed. So for my Reborn-ROM based Optimus-S, I just used Link2SD (free app from the Play Store) because it lets me free up more than enough free space while letting me keep my system apps & data, as well as my recovery-critical apps & data (like Titanium Backup, & Where's My Droid) in internal memory. To do this I did the following:

    1) Downloaded to my PC the appropriate Data2EXT zip from the original post here, then put it on the root of my SD card, and flashed it from recovery mode.
    2) Bought a 32GB, Class 10 micro SD card. ($11 with rebate!)
    3) Downloaded the free program "" to my PC. (I guess I could have used CWM or COT to partition but MiniTool is so easy.)
    4) Used MiniTool Partition Wizard on my PC to create an (840MB) EXT4 partition (for linked apps) with the remainder (~31GB) as a FAT32 partition for music, photos, etc. (I figured that 512MB EXT4 partition would have been more than enough, but I figured that 160MB internal + 840MB external makes an even 1GB, which is a nice round bragging number!) .
    5) Copied the contents of my old SD card to the FAT32 partition of my new SD card.
    6) Powered down the phone and inserted my new 32GB SD card.
    7) Powered up the phone and .
    8) Started up Link2SD, gave it SuperUser rights, and chose EXT4 for the data partition. It required 1 or 2 reboots.
    9) Started up Link2SD and "linked" my desired apps to the EXT4 partition.

    There's a

    I basicaly moved almost every app (except for security and recovery's sake, system apps, Titanium Backup, Where's My Droid, & LookOut). Even performance-sensitive multimedia apps (like SprintTV) work fine from the SD card. With 30 apps installed (not including the built-in-ish apps like Search & Maps), I now have about 85MB of internal storage free and 625MB of EXT4 storage free. (Prior to this solution I had about 15MB free and regularly got the dreaded low-memory warning). Now I've basically got every desired app installed and I still have great performance and plenty more room for more apps. I don't see myself adding many more apps, but I guess that I could add dozens more unless maybe that would fill up the data or cache.

    I realize that the total Data2SD solution in the original post would give me even more internal space, but Link2SD, gets me more than enough space (with more piece of mind) so I'm going to stick with the Link2SD solution unless maybe I run out of internal space for some reason (perhaps because the system data or cache runs out).

    Thanks to The_Maplebar and others (expecially whoever came up with the Picasticks Data2EXT zip) for leading the way on this. Even though I didn't follow The_Maplebar's instructions exactly, the great work here led me to a great solution.
    Last edited by RazzMaTazz; 11-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.
  19. #144  
    liamstanley's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 Port Thekraven

    Default Re: [How-To] data2ext for Reborn, Froyo 2.2 and CM7

    I've had a couple of issues with the methods posted here.. I'm using thekraven's CM7, latest, and followed every single step posted here. The only install issue I had was that the move data to dalvik file wasn't there. Even checked using a root browser.. At first, a lot of my apps crashed, causing my phone to reboot. I tried it all over, with a clean install, and it wiped half of the new apps I installed (were in internal memory), and the other half were corrupted and crashed every couple of minutes when I booted them up. Also, when I did the final reboot, after installing this script, it came up with the "welcome to the LS670" screen or whatever. --> un-syncing all data. Now, none of my system settings are synced, and I can't access 3G. (Stuck in airplane mode). I restored, and it isn't having issues now.

    Yes, I followed ALL the steps, so what am I doing wrong?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Posting Permissions

B