Dr Fone recovery option messed up my phone Enter your password to start up device error and no suppo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NW_Work

Apr 3, 2022
Visit site
When I plugin my Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and then select recovery module and it show as connected and then I select android data recovery option and then select recover documents only and then click next. Then it show and detected device model, downloading package and it went like that till 99% uncertain if it hit 100% or not and then it caused my device to reboot and after it reboot now it is asking for a password to start up device but I tried device screen password, google account password and samsung account password but all didnt work. Thus it shows have 7 attempts left before factory reset itself.
The boot up looks a bit different from normal too, unsure if it is coming through a different type of boot and if there is a way to reverse to how it was earlier?

In recovery mode it shows in recovery log pid 2064 ran. where first line filesystem table code was;
0/ efs ext4/ dev/block/platform/1354000. dwmmc0/by-name/EFS(/dev/block/mmcblk0p3) 0

and in following
#ls /cache/recovery
ksmg
-rw------root root 8190724 2022-04-02 11:19 last_ode_dumpstate_err_check_password. log

From what I could see further in log it seems like maybe dr fone tried to root phone since I see files seem to have been overwritten probably as same file name shown where earlier recorded in time stamp as either 2017 or 2008 and underneath that dst is run with today tim stamp.

What would be method to solve to get back to normal working state without any data loss?

NW_Work

Apr 3, 2022
Visit site
It seems when check via dr fone transfer showing as mem capacity 2797mb and 1362mb used whereas it should show as 32Gb, also when start up it says Enter your password to start up your device but I am certain I enter correct passwords but it is not verifying. Also in recovery mode it shows No support single sku supported api:3.

And when try backup option no files come up on scan does that mean the Dr fone recovery package that it installed wiped out the data? Or is it like in another different boot system for recovery? How to solve this problem?

Also any backup software you think could backup stuff before applying any drastic fixes

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

Exactly what happened before all this, that made you decide to use the Dr Fone software?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Unfortunately we can't discuss Dr.phone in the forums do to what it can do which is against our rules and regulations.

[Thread closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe