lg optimus s bricked

dgoinallout

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
hey, new to this site. Im looking all over on how to unbrick a phone which i ended up bricking my lg optimus s while trying to install a custom recovery and i have no luck. If anyone knows how to do this if you can please help me i dont even know if its possible. this is whats happening. i turn on the phone and its stuck at the lg screen. When i do recovery... home + power + down i get the lg fast and then switches to a blank screen with the keys lit. When i put it to emergengy mode it says download in progess do not discconect etc

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
hey, new to this site. Im looking all over on how to unbrick a phone which i ended up bricking my lg optimus s while trying to install a custom recovery and i have no luck. If anyone knows how to do this if you can please help me i dont even know if its possible. this is whats happening. i turn on the phone and its stuck at the lg screen. When i do recovery... home + power + down i get the lg fast and then switches to a blank screen with the keys lit. When i put it to emergengy mode it says download in progess do not discconect etc
Need more info! What recovery did you try to install? What steps where you doing when this happened? What ROM did you have prior to this?

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Reactions: dgoinallout

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i quess its impossible thanks for your time

I don't know the details but if you can get into emergency mode I'm pretty sure you can unbrick it. Sorry I can't be more help but I only have the Optimus V. Research emergency mode more and I'm sure it can be fixed I've seen people come back from worse.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

dgoinallout

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
ok everything is working fine but im getting this in the lg update the usb cable and your cellphone are not connected please connect your phone and wait for connecting the usb port for a while and press the restart also it keeps connecting and dissconecting my usb port every like 30 seconds weird

Last edited:

dgoinallout

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
wooww Sindustry sorry for cursint bt u are the kin man holy t now i dont no what to tell sprint cause they ordered me a backup phone for free lol wow i cant beleieve it man sindustry since you know what you are talkin about i would like to put cyanogen cm7 on my lg optimus s if you could tell me, im so amaxed right now thanks a million

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
On your new phone I would suggest installing Xonia Recovery from these forums. Glad to see you fixed your phone, Also as you can see, the Rooting, ROMs and Hacks sub-forum we're in has lots of ROMs, install Xonia and take your pick, When installing Xonia follow the tutorial step by step.

Once again, Glad to see you fixed your phone and Welcome to Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty