[UPDATE] ZVJ UPDATE.ZIP + rooting instructions

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have Xionia as my Recovery, can I still upgrade or not?

To my knowledge it has not been tested to flash this update with xionia. That does not mean it will not work, but you have to at least turn off signature verification. If your end goal is to root, then simply follow the instructions. It will install stock zvh recovery, update to zvj, root, and then finish with reinstalling xionia.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
BTW I am working on automating the older method as much as possible. Hopefully will have something to test later today.

If someone has a direct exploit that works on ZVJ let me know as it will be easier overall.

I would be more then happy if there were an easier way. I only started this thread to simplify this for the community. If you can help out that process, more the power to you !!

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
BTW I am working on automating the older method as much as possible. Hopefully will have somiething to test later today.

If someone has a direct exploit that works on ZVJ let me know as it will be easier overall.

I'm willing to help test out the new methods when available.

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
100% confirmed that going from a rooted zvh rom to ginger rom doesn't require re-obtaining root or touching adb at all.

just wipe data/cache and what other voodoo rituals you do clean before flashing.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you install the stock ZVH recovery BEFORE you upgraded like the guide states!!!

No i was dumb and didn't read it correctly. some1 hit me, lol

I feel like an idiot.

1st I installed the VH update, but forgot to install the vh recovery so i couldn't root that.

then i had to install the VD update, rooted that and installed the VH recovery.

Than ran the VJ updated.

And now i got it rooted. If I would learn to read it would save me alot of trouble, lol

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No i was dumb and didn't read it correctly. some1 hit me, lol

I feel like an idiot.

1st I installed the VH update, but forgot to install the vh recovery so i couldn't root that.

then i had to install the VD update, rooted that and installed the VH recovery.

Than ran the VJ updated.

And now i got it rooted. If I would learn to read it would save me alot of trouble, lol

I did the same thing the first time I tried hehe. I figured "Pfft, stock recovery is stock recovery!" Then I blamed adb, just because I can... then I tried again and did it right :p

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Direct Link Mirror for OP: ZVJ UPDATE.ZIP courtesy of your yours truly!

By any chance can you mirror Sfhub's root test as well? Your site is OK to get through my corp. firewall, so I'm hoping I can test it out if it can get there. Thanks!

*Status Update on ZVJ*

Neither device was prompted for the update so I backed up my wife's SMS messages, reverted to ZVD by KP500, followed the steps and she's now on ZVJ rooted. Her biggest problem, the call volume issue being too loud on lowest setting, WAS resolved - hopefully to her expectations.

Testing Opt S still on ZVD for now to allow for testing.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
By any chance can you mirror Sfhub's root test as well? Your site is OK to get through my corp. firewall, so I'm hoping I can test it out if it can get there. Thanks!

*Status Update on ZVJ*

Neither device was prompted for the update so I backed up my wife's SMS messages, reverted to ZVD by KP500, followed the steps and she's now on ZVJ rooted. Her biggest problem, the call volume issue being too loud on lowest setting, WAS resolved - hopefully to her expectations.

Testing Opt S still on ZVD for now to allow for testing.

I would love to but I am away from my PC for the day. If mediafire works for you maybe sfhub can post a mirror.

Edit

You could always download directly to your phone then side load it back to a pc

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I would love to but I am away from my PC for the day. If mediafire works for you maybe sfhub can post a mirror.

Edit

You could always download directly to your phone then side load it back to a pc

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

No dice on mediafire and D/L from phone as it's wi-fi only. (The E4GT is at home with my MIL... :( )
Could always try and run to a Starbucks at lunch... we'll see how my day goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress