ADB help

drsiaca

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Have a little problem here, I followed all the instructions on how to install adb on optimus to the tee. But when I open cmd and write adb devices it comes blank, try any other commands and it says no devices connected.

I also have an Evo and it is recognized.

thanks

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
if you do these commands whats it say?
cd\android-sdk-windows/tools <--press enter
adb devices <--press enter

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Did u use same computer to root your Evo? if you did you are mostlikely having driver issue. adb is trying to use drivers for your Evo. You have 2 options. Either use some sort of driver utility to remove your Evo drivers completely, then reinstall LG drivers. Or use another computer or a vm that doesn't have Evo drivers loaded.

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
this worked for me when i installed custom recovery. in the android sdk file i downloaded, there was an adb window if i remember correctly. i double clicked it with a cmd window open. after that, i didn't run any lines from my computer. everything was typed thru the termemu app from my optimus. if the drivers are set up right (i had to direct install them from a mirror i think), this shd work for you. it did for me.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this is too simple but I noticed yesterday that I couldn't get adb to recognize the phone until I rebooted the pc after installing the drivers. Might help.