Stuck in the Muck

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on sprint, and I didn't have any problems when I went back down to V9...

So I need to use the LG tool and flash my phone back up to VC...
When I go to reboot recovery, is it going to automatically boot in the v9recovery.img that is in /sdcard ???

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on sprint, and I didn't have any problems when I went back down to V9...

When I go to reboot recovery, is it going to automatically boot in the v9recovery.img that is in /sdcard ???

No, reboot recovery is going to take you to the recovery you just flashed. That will allow you to back up you phone, clear cache, format partitions, flash custom roms (zip files).

The only way to flash a recovery is to do what you just did (just point to the v9recovery.img file instead).

flash_image recovery [full path to v9recovery.img]

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When you go into recovery, it is going to use the Recovery that you flashed with the flash_image command. If you flashed v9recovery.img, then that is the one it is going to use, but it is running from the recovery partition, not from /sdcard/v9recovery.img.

You can technically flash any of the custom ROMs instead of the stock V9 recovery (and skip the step of rooting the stock V9 recovery) but most of the instructions here are written assuming you have stock V9 recovery and update to VC using LG Software Updater.

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm just getting straight dumb here...

I just tried the flash_image line you gave me before again and it worked, so I'm assuming that the v9recovery.img is going to be what pops up when I us LG to flash to VC.

So, do I flash it to VC or do I open up recovery to get TR1.7?

BTW, if you have it, could you add yaganori_ranji@yahoo.com to Windows Live? I'd love to get this rolling without the F5 getting wore out on my keyboard :p.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm just getting straight dumb here...

I just tried the flash_image line you gave me before again and it worked, so I'm assuming that the v9recovery.img is going to be what pops up when I us LG to flash to VC.

So, do I flash it to VC or do I open up recovery to get TR1.7?
Long time ago you started with VC Recovery, VC Android and VC Radio.

Medium time ago, you force flashed V9 Android, leaving you with VC Recovery, V9 Android and V9 Radio.

Just now, you flashed V9 Recovery, leaving you with V9 Recovery, V9 Android and V9 Radio.

Once you use LG Software Updater to flash to VC, then you will have V9 Recovery, VC Android and VC Radio. The reason you want to update to VC before installing ThundeROM is because that is the way you get the VC Radio. If you just installed ThundeROM prior to that, you wouldn't get the VC Radio.

So to answer your question, you use LG Software Updater to update to VC, then you can follow any of the stickied directions to root, install custom recovery, and/or install ThundeROM. You can even use the software automated tool here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...enter-1-1-001-no-longer-need-android-sdk.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38