[How-To] Guide to rooting with software version LS670ZVD (OUTDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Minor note of panic... SuperUser doesn't work if you haven't gone through phone setup.

Kept trying to figure out why I was getting permission denied when testing root access from ADB and I think this might be the reason why :p

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I was running VC on NROM...went to stock rom, update to VD...and followed instructions in category 2. All is well back on NROM running VD...here is the exact adb commands I used...note I had to mount my sdcard before I cat the files over:

mount /system
mount /sdcard

cat /sdcard/su > /system/bin/su
cat /sdcard/busybox > /system/bin/busybox
cat /sdcard/Superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk

cd /system/bin
/system/bin/chmod 4755 su
/system/bin/chmod 4755 busybox

reboot

When you said you went from VC on nROM to stock ROM, do you mean a VC stock ROM you had from a nandroid backup, or is there one available on these forums somewhere? I see the thread about going back to v9 stock ROM, but nothing about a VC stock. I'm rooted on VC using ThundeROM and I'd like to get the VD update.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I came off as annoyed/pissy. That was not my intention, but with these things you (and I mean everyone, not YOU specifically) really do need to read and understand everything you can before just diving in.

not even man! when it comes to work you guys do for us, Yes, I am a moron. or "NOOB" as it is so put...... Thanks again for getting this up for all of us!

Finally! i can try out the VC only ROM's!! swwweeeettttttttttt.............

The DragonTJH

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on V9 (rooted), but I'm pretty noobish on the adb side. I'll be looking forward to the VD for dummies version of all this.
Thanks a lot for this Drew, you're my hero.

ultraviolet

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am currently rooted on V9 with ThunderC recovery and TR1.6.2 and have held off on updating anything further because I was affraid of messing up a perfectly running phone.

So far I notice that the instructions don't specify what to do if you already are running a custom ROM, or maybe I missed it.

As a total android newb here, is there anyway you can detail how to go about the update for people like me that are rooted on V9 with a custom recovery or if having the custom ROM even matters at all?

Thanks to the devs and everyone for all the dedication, hard work and patience to make this understandable for the newbs! :)

Sarcoptic

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep I had a nandroid backup of VC rooted...went to that first...I dont think anyone has tried from a custom rom...if you do attempt make sure you have a way out...

When you said you went from VC on nROM to stock ROM, do you mean a VC stock ROM you had from a nandroid backup, or is there one available on these forums somewhere? I see the thread about going back to v9 stock ROM, but nothing about a VC stock. I'm rooted on VC using ThundeROM and I'd like to get the VD update.

Last edited:

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep I had a nandroid backup of VC rooted...went to that first...I dont think anyone has tried from a custom rom...if you do attempt make sure you have a way out...

see post #11.

"If you are running the CM7 Gingerbread port:
You need to flash a VC-based version of nROM, ThundeROM or Lego ROM BEFORE using this guide."---from first post!!!!

Worked for me....

brykwoll

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The guide needs to be chaged to add: mount /sdcard after you mount/system while in ADB shell. This was the only way I could root my phone. Also I was one of the ppl that downloaded the first OTA update while rooted with v9. I had to do so much to get to VD rooted and I couldnt have done it without yall putting yalls own phones on the line.

Regards,
Zachariah

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The guide needs to be chaged to add: mount /sdcard after you mount/system while in ADB shell. This was the only way I could root my phone. Also I was one of the ppl that downloaded the first OTA update while rooted with v9. I had to do so much to get to VD rooted and I couldnt have done it without yall putting yalls own phones on the line.

Regards,
Zachariah

Whoops, must have forgot that part. Mind you I wrote the guide at nearly 1 AM so I was SUPER tired.

Guide updated :)

brykwoll

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I just appreciate you taking the time to write it at all. Thanks to everyone who contributes in anyway to rooting this wondergul device.

Regards

whodi

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
it is probably best to use your stock VC nandroid backup, but I was lazy and flashed straight off Thunderom 1.7 and had no issues.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net
KP500 should do the trick. The VD cab file is in zefie's archive. Check the Reverting to LS670ZV9 post for more info.

Just to get this straight, I should be able to force flash VD over a V9, running nROM 1.5.2 (NON VC) correct? I'm downloading the VD cab from zefie now.
Change the cab to the cab name, change the version to LS670ZVD? etc

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't guarantee a V9 ROM will work with the VD radio, but you can try.

ok im not going to try it then ill just wait and do this over the week when i have nothing better to do then download apps

by the way has anyone done this on thunderc 1.1 recovery becuase i had a very hard time getting a custom recovery on my phone the first time and dont really remember what i did to get it to finally work because it was a while back

Last edited:

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
ok im not going to try it then ill just wait and do this over the week when i have nothing better to do then download apps

by the way has anyone done this on thunderc 1.1 recovery becuase i had a very hard time getting a custom recovery on my phone the first time and dont really remember what i did to get it to finally work because it was a while back

If you have Titanium Backup, you can probably just restore all your apps without having to re-download them. At least I think?

I also have thunderc 1.1 recovery. Looking at the steps in Part 2, looks like we need to use the Xionia recovery. All we need to do is flash it, so I guess it's easy to get on the phone. Or do we have to install it using the steps found on the Xionia CWMA page?

Status
Not open for further replies.