How to Take Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy A11 ??

melan7890

Oct 12, 2022
Visit site
I tried to follow this example to see if I could take a shot of a password protected pdf file

https://tech2rise.com/how-to-take-screenshot-on-samsung-galaxy-a11/

I was expecting it to save as a jpg pic - but after using the thumb swipe method - or - the volume down & powerbutton - all I got was either the power menu to turn off - or volume button while trying to hold down both at same time - any help appreciated . Oh , I just noticed a Blue window pop up below - You are trying to do a screen shot -quickly press & release the side & volume down at same time ! it seems I can not get this timing perfect ! I finally got it after attempt 23 - need to be quick !!

I know it would work with a 3rd party program - but want to know if it can be done without ?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the A5 forum to the Galaxy A Series forum -- it can be confusing here considering all of various models that are out there, and the forum can't keep up with every single model. The A5 is an old phone, and so its subforum is unlikely to get very much traffic at all. The A series subforum is intended for all of the more recent A series phones like yours.

The Side Key/Vol Down button combination can be a little tricky, depending on the phone. Both buttons have to be pressed at exactly the same time, and you shouldn't have to keep them down for more than a second.

I'm not sure if this is possible on Galaxy phones, but on a Pixel, you can also bring up the App Overview/Recent Apps screen (i.e., tapping the square button if you're using button navigation, or swiping up partway from the bottom of the screen if you're using gesture navigation), select the appropriate app, and then tap the Screenshot button there.