I'm still on v8 radio. Am I going to notice?

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Like it says. I'm still on the v8 radio. Am I going to notice any speed/signal differences? Is it worse than the newer radios? Is battery life better? Do you think it's worth it to upgrade? And what's the easiest way?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Like it says. I'm still on the v8 radio. Am I going to notice any speed/signal differences? Is it worse than the newer radios? Is battery life better? Do you think it's worth it to upgrade? And what's the easiest way?

upgrade. Definitely worth it. Plus more support for up-to-date versions!

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
On a side note: Official LG statement is that we will have officially ported gingerbread available for our phone. So, if you can wait till around the beginning of next month, then you might as well wait. Then upgrade and use a ROM...

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well i'm already rooted and have Custom Recovery. I have since I got my phone back in November. I was just wanting to know if i'm missing out on not updating my radio. It just seems like such a Pain in the @$$ ya to update to the newest radio ya know? But yeah, i'm excited for official GB for our phones and the ROMS that are going to be cooked based off that source code...Thank you for you input :):D