i may have bricked my phone... plz help

dill_pickle_102

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
today i tried installing thunderom. it was unsuccessful, and stock android was reinstalled automatically. then, i tried installing clockworkrecovery using their android market app. i installed the optimus v version, as it was the closest version to my phone.

now, every time i boot my phone all i get is the android system recovery screen, which doesn't allow me to do anything. on the screen, it says "e:Can't find command file CACHE:recovery/command Installation aborted, no valed image in CACHE."

i've done some work trying to get adb shell commands to work in a cmd terminal, but to no success. I keep getting the error: --exec '\system\bin\sh" failed: No such file or directory <2>

can somebody please help?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You tried using Rom manager didn't you? Well that is not supported for our phones. We have the S series not the V. It has been posted here many times not to use Rom manager it is not supported.
Hopefully someone here can help you get your S up and running again. A lot of smart people here to help. Goodluck.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

Last edited:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Eek and another. Man with all these accidental rom manager bricks I'm tempted to brick mine and figure a way to unbrick. But I wont cuz I'm not as skilled as others on this forum.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just asked the Clockworkmod dev to set ROM manager as incompatible in the market for our phone. That way users should be asking where to get it and getting told to stay away rather than asking how to fix the brick.

Up to him though, if it's possible to say a specific phone is not compatible :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana