4gb microSD issue

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
ok im wondering how my 4gb microSD card only has 800mb available space left...sure i got a few apk. installed and about 11 apps installed on it, around 100 pix no videos...what gives?

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
ok im wondering how my 4gb only has 800mb available space left...sure i got a few apk. installed and about 11 apps installed on it, around 100 pix no videos...what gives?

Nandroid backups take up a large percentage of my sd card, did you check there?

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
whoa! lol does it, how do i check? i def done many nandroid back ups ....how can i fix this

Well each time you do a nandroid it saves a file on your sd card with a numeric code based off the date.
Check under sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/

You should see all of them in there, you can rename them as long as you don't use spaces and you can copy them off the sd card to your computer. You could also probably delete some of your older nandroids; I currently have 8 nandroids taking up over 3 gigs; why cause I'm weird like that :D

Edit: I usually rename mine with the rom and version I'm running and the date, for example reborn.2.2.2-7.9

Edit2: The above file path assumes you are using xionia as a recovery.

Reactions: omarnova

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well each time you do a nandroid it saves a file on your sd card with a numeric code based off the date.
Check under sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/

You should see all of them in there, you can rename them as long as you don't use spaces and you can copy them off the sd card to your computer. You could also probably delete some of your older nandroids; I currently have 8 nandroids taking up over 3 gigs; why cause I'm weird like that :D
r
Edit: I usually rename mine with the rom and version I'm running and the date, for example reborn.2.2.2-7.9

Edit2: The above file path assumes you are using xionia as a recovery.

ok i didnt find it under sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ but i think i found it in a nandroid folder, i had about 7 back ups, deleted all except the most recent one and i now have over 2gb of free space...thanks...Problem Solved!!!!!

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
ok i didnt find it under sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ but i think i found it in a nandroid folder, i had about 7 back ups, deleted all except the most recent one and i now have over 2gb of free space...thanks...Problem Solved!!!!!

Yeah, you're probably running Thunder-C recovery than; either way I'm glad it's sorted :D

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks again, all sorted out..1 question though, should i be using xionia as a recovery?

As I understand it there's nothing directly wrong with using thunder-c for the most part; but also to my understanding you can't run CM based roms without a clockwork type recovery, which is why I would normally recommend xionia. If you are using LG based ROMs such as Shell and Reborn you should be fine.

Edit: I have recently been informed that CM builds work fine on thunder-c recovery. I had personally not used it but am certain I read an issue somewhere, At any rate it would seem it doesn't really matter which recovery you use as the only other issue is that v1 of thunder-c did not support the new lcd screens, that has been corrected with v2.

Last edited:
Reactions: omarnova

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
As I understand it there's nothing directly wrong with using thunder-c for the most part; but also to my understanding you can't run CM based roms without a clockwork type recovery, which is why I would normally recommend xionia. If you are using LG based ROMs such as Shell and Reborn you should be fine.

oh ok thanks, yes i am currently on reborn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez