Gingerbread Contacts Issue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So I guess with the introduction of GB you have to go out of your way to save a contact as a google contact? I ask because every contact I've added since I updated to GB was lost when I wiped the data prior to installing a rom. I thought that every contact you added was automatically synced to Google, not just stored on the phone. Least it was up until GB. I've tried recovering them. I need to know if contacts can be saved just to the phone, because if they can't and they all go to Google then there must be something else. I did add a second Google account at one point, but I thought all contacts got saved to the first account you used to activate the phone. Please help? Thank you.

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a FroYo-based phone, and got rid of it and bought a GB one.
I lost a load of contacts while doing that.
And some of them, didn't show up on contact list, but showed up in an SMS "send to" field. So it's like they're on your phone but not on contact list. Very annoying.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I wish that was the case for me, they're just gone. Tried every single Google account I've ever made, nothing. Maybe if I go into Sprint tomorrow and get pissy enough they'll print me out a text message log with the numbers. It was their update that messed it up anyways.

PrimeOne1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
When you send a new SMS and type a missing contacts name does it pop up? This phantom contact thing was happening to me. I fixed it by going into my contacts hit the settings button under display options. Go down to your Gmail account expand the tab and make sure you check all the boxes.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your Auto Sync is not turned on or that you do not have Contacts sync turned on for your account. Have you tried doing a manual sync?

I fought the phone for a while to go the opposite way, not wanting to upload my contacts to Google. I resented that it did not give me the option to store them on the phone only. When you turn off the auto sync, it seems to cache them locally in data until you sync next time.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When you send a new SMS and type a missing contacts name does it pop up? This phantom contact thing was happening to me. I fixed it by going into my contacts hit the settings button under display options. Go down to your Gmail account expand the tab and make sure you check all the boxes.

Nah, unfortunately they don't pop up. I've tried what you suggested, and though it does add more contacts, they're just people that I've sent or received emails from, not the most recent phone numbers I've added to my contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty