Sound?

gmap516

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Newbie quesiton here:

I'm running ThundeROM and I noticed that when I get calls it only vibrates and when I get notifications, it (usually) only vibrates. Yes, the vibrate setting is set to "never" and my phone is at max ringtone volume.

Am I doing something wrong?

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
I've had this happen to me. Sometimes after flashing a different ROM my ringtone defaults to the "silent" ringtone. So even if it is turned all the way up, there is no sound. Could this be your issue?

gmap516

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hm. No, I had it set to a custom ringtone. I did notice, however, that when it's connected via USB for file transfers that it only has the silent option. I'll have a friend test call now.

EDIT:

It worked when my friend called. Maybe it just doesn't work when it's plugged in for file transfers. Hm.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Your ringtones are on your sd card, when you mount to a pc your sd unmounts from the phone.

This happens when mounted only, not charging from a pc

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I have some hilarious ring and notification tones. some of my favs are YosamitySam's Youidgit(missed calls), Homer simpson's The Mail is here woohoo(gmail), and Elmer Fudd's laugh(texts). Bostons RockandRollBand for my ringtone. :)
I just had to share with you guys. :)