No Vibration When I Get A Text Or Email After Recent Update.

Seggons

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone. A few months back I got an update to my Samsung Galaxy A71 and all was well until I realised that my phone no longer vibrates when I get a text message or email like it did in the past. I've been through the settings and cannot find out why it's not vibrating. When I change it from ringer to vibrate, it vibrates to tell me that I've set it to vibrate and the haptic feedback is still working.

I run through the diagnostics and you'll see in the video that I get stuck in a loop and cannot get past the notification test.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit tough for me to test, because I don't use my Galaxy A32 5G (running Android 13 and One UI 5.0) as my daily driver, and therefore can't test the text notifications. I'll see if I can test Gmail notifications.

Just to be sure -- go to Settings>Apps>Messages (or Gmail)>Notifications>Notification Categories, then tap the WORD for the category you're interested in (like "New messages") and not the toggle switch, and make sure Vibrate is turned on there.

Seggons

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
I've checked both of the settings and it all looks fine. I don't think this issue is down to an app setting but something more global as the vibrate isn't working on anything that is classed as a notification such as calls, texts or emails. But yet the vibrate does work on anything non-notification such as the haptic feedback and turning the phone off and on.

Last edited:

Seggons

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
As you can see from the attachment it is on. I'm hoping I can avoid a master reset on my phone but I have a feeling it's heading that way...

I'm guessing there is no way of running any type of debug mode when going through the diagnostics to see why it's stuck in a loop thinking that the vibration intensity isn't on when it clearly is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_094540_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_094540_Settings.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 9

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try these two resets see if helps
1.go to apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>reset app preference

2. Go to settings>general management>reset>reset settings

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Seggons

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
I tried step 1 but made no difference. After I did step 2, I have my vibrate back on texts and emails and can now complete the diagnostics without any issues. :D

Now I've just got to remember what setting went where as everything is binging and bonging now it's been reset to defaults. :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried step 1 but made no difference. After I did step 2, I have my vibrate back on texts and emails and can now complete the diagnostics without any issues. :D

Now I've just got to remember what setting went where as everything is binging and bonging now it's been reset to defaults. :D
Awesome

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk