Phone time didn't change

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm running TR 1.8 and the clock on my phone did not change last night. I went to Date and Time settings and there is nowhere to change the time. I read in some instructions that there should be an option to allow the Carrier to set the time (I believe it was called Automatic) and that option is not there.

Maybe it's too early...maybe I am missing something. I sure thought there was a place to change the time manually. I even looked in the Clock app to no avail.

Thanks, Kelly

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm running TR 1.8 and the clock on my phone did not change last night. I went to Date and Time settings and there is nowhere to change the time. I read in some instructions that there should be an option to allow the Carrier to set the time (I believe it was called Automatic) and that option is not there.

Maybe it's too early...maybe I am missing something. I sure thought there was a place to change the time manually. I even looked in the Clock app to no avail.

Thanks, Kelly

Make a phone call. Any phone call and when you hang up, it'll change.

I was a little surprised too that it didn't change automatically. Even my old Blackberry and I think even my old flip phone changed by itself without me having to do anything! Not sure if it's the custom ROM or what...

Hope that helps!

SuperECS

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
This is rather strange because both my native clock and my weather/clock widget changed right at 2am. I must admit it was strange to go from 1:59am to 3am.

I am on TR 1.8 as well.

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That is strange! I wonder why yours changed and ours didn't? All I gotta say, is that I'm glad I didn't have to work today otherwise I would've been late! lol

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Make a phone call. Any phone call and when you hang up, it'll change.

I was a little surprised too that it didn't change automatically. Even my old Blackberry and I think even my old flip phone changed by itself without me having to do anything! Not sure if it's the custom ROM or what...

Hope that helps!

Ya know, I thought about that but hadn't tried it. Remember back when the old little caller ID boxes wouldn't update until you got the first phone call?

Thanks so much, I called my VM and when I hung up, the time was correct!

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ya know, I thought about that but hadn't tried it. Remember back when the old little caller ID boxes wouldn't update until you got the first phone call?

Thanks so much, I called my VM and when I hung up, the time was correct!

Yep. I remember. Those were the good ol' days! :)

I still think it's really weird that it didn't update automatically. It should have been an auto-push from the carrier right at 2am like Real got. I'd be curious to see how many others got the push and how many didn't. I don't think it's TR 1.8 since we are all running it though... Must be something else?

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I remember. Those were the good ol' days! :)

I still think it's really weird that it didn't update automatically. It should have been an auto-push from the carrier right at 2am like Real got. I'd be curious to see how many others got the push and how many didn't. I don't think it's TR 1.8 since we are all running it though... Must be something else?

Yeah...I'd be interested to hear from others...

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine changed over night no problem. It probably has to do with being connected to a wifi network. Thats my guess, if you had wifi on it didn't update.

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine didnt udate but I was actually on v9 with tr1.6. so I rebooted it and low and behold the time was changed. Then it wanted to update to VC. I gotta cure for that. ;)
guess ill try to catch some vd today.:-*

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine hadn't changed by 5am, so I rebooted. When I did, my lock screen and widgets were updated but my notification bar wasn't. Very odd. Another reboot finally fixed it.

snap20110313_050434.png

CMarkOne

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Clock went back an hour around 09:00 Central today. Running LegoROM v2.0, rebooted, wipe davlik and cache. Still off an hour. Lock screen and apps showing wrong time.

Update: @sprintcare said they were doing tower maintenance in my area. rebooted again and called VM and clock changed to correct time.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer