LG Optimus F3

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I need a new phone and I'm thinking about the LG Optimus F3 on Virgin Mobile because of the price, otherwise I'd get the HTC Desire. But I can't seem to find any ROMS available for LG Optimus F3. Are there none in existence? Is the LG OpF3 a good phone?

fern1461

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG Optimus F3 LS720 ( Virgin Mobile )

This phone has pros and cons. I have been researching it for 2 weeks now.

Pros: Awesome battery life!
Low-Moderate Bloatware
Crisp feel and functionality.
Mini SD memory port

Cons: LG crippled this phone by putting insufficient internal memory on this model. As a result, after just installing a few applications, you get the warning, " Low on storage space" and you can't install any more apps. Custom ROMS are few or not being developed. If you are not buying apps, this phone is great. If you want apps on your phone, look elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's best to have at least 8gb ROM and even that works out to not much.

But on my old hydro I only had 1gb free space if that, and I managed, but it's true I couldn't install as much as I wanted to.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

DG3

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it was just a Black Friday deal, but I picked up an F3 at Best Buy for $89. I've been wanting a cheaper second Android phone, but wanted something a little better than the usual bottom-rung of smart phones. At that price, it was a no-brainer.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it was just a Black Friday deal, but I picked up an F3 at Best Buy for $89. I've been wanting a cheaper second Android phone, but wanted something a little better than the usual bottom-rung of smart phones. At that price, it was a no-brainer.

Yeah that's what I did too but on Amazon. But then I read that the phone has very little internal memory, granted it's like 9x's more than my opV but still very little. Are you going to root yours?

DG3

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't think I'll root it. I have a Galaxy s3 as my main phone, but needed a cheap but decent second phone for work stuff. Mostly calls and net. The kind of phone I could possibly lose or damage and not be out a ton of money.

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I have this phone. It's rooted with a partitioned 8 GB SD. Battery life is incredibly good. 1080P video. Light bloatware as mentioned above. Memory was my only issue. If you don't feel like taking... 5 minutes to root and partition your sd then don't bother. Spend a few extra hundred on something with more. Every phone has it's cons though.

Posted via Android Central App

detroitdouglas

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have this phone. It's rooted with a partitioned 8 GB SD. Battery life is incredibly good. 1080P video. Light bloatware as mentioned above. Memory was my only issue. If you don't feel like taking... 5 minutes to root and partition your sd then don't bother. Spend a few extra hundred on something with more. Every phone has it's cons though.

Posted via Android Central App

How did you partition the sd card for the apps? I REALLY want to know.

sassymimi75

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG Optimus F3 LS720 ( Virgin Mobile )

I am so dissapointed by this phone. I am stupid for not looking at the reviews before I bought it. I love apps. I know there are options to change that but honestly I am not that tech savy and I am afraid I will just mess the phone up. lol

Jermaine R

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
If you are getting the update binary popup, close it out, playstore: super user by clockwork.. install this. run it, okaying the pop ups via this method will update the binary. I used Normal

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

A friend on another forum site, who goes by the 'handle' LOveWerks posted a fairly urgent message about his LG F3 (LG720) phone, and asked for help. He has PM'ed as it seems that no one on the AF has offered any real help. I was just wondering if any of you might have a few suggestions.*

Here is what he posted...

LOveWerks said...*

"Well, I've done it now. *The LG F3 (LG720) phone is frozen in the LG screen logo, due to my inadvertent system upgrade, which had been hounding the phone's screen for a couple of weeks. *It's the only phone we have. *I am desperate to find answers; I've been PM'd by people in the know, and I still don't see how I can unbrick a 'soft-bricked' phone without a working USB connection, and a working recovery program - which the phone doesn't have, because my fiancee made it very clear to me not to screw this phone up by adding anything other than Saferoot. *My rant is toward myself; I was a confident Android flasher back in the days of Gingerbread... however, as the operating system gets more modern and more developed, it becomes just like an iPhone. *If there's anyone out there who can walk me through the process, you can PM me here. *Desperately, LW"

KCT said...
"If you don't get any answers on this forum, PM me your e-mail address, and I will foward your issue to some of members of other forums I am on."

-----------

LOveWerks replied.... *

"Man, I am so embarrassed. *I used to have no problems bringing root to HTC and Samsung phones, back in the easier times of Gingerbread and Honeycomb; after I tried to get all of the tools to help me (LG Flash tool, driver installation, et al) - the Toshiba laptop crashed after an errant Windows 8.1 update, and my fiancée really hit the roof - our relationship almost ended. *She shipped the phone to LG's repair facility in Ft. Worth, TX, and they re-flashed the phone. *We're both disabled, and I am so upset at the timing of both events; phone, then computer... of course, she blamed me. *All I want is to get Saferoot back, and get CWM working so the phone's limitations will be eradicated, and I will be able to run the apps that require root that I (we) paid for. *We're on a fixed-income, and I can't screw this up... ; but, she doesn't want me to root the phone... if someone would be willing to walk me through it - even via chat - I could prove to her that we'd be better off with a phone that has root, and I can get my apps back, and be able to move most of the data to the 32 gB micro SD, to kill the bloat problem that is what plagues the LG F3 (LG720) Boost Mobile phone... if you have a heart, and want to help a disabled 52-year-old cat get this phone that we share working with the freedom that root brings. *LW"

If you all have an answer, either post it here or PM me and I will send you the guy's e-mail address.*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch