Requesting stock notes apk to open a backup.rnt file

RodrigoMSR

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Folks,

I have a LG OPTIMUS F5 P875 cellphone that stopped working. I've lost many important things, but what I miss the most are my notes.

On the other hand, a couple months ago I have made this backup.rnt with richnote itself (it's the stock notes apk) and I was able to save it someplace else, but now that I'm trying to open it, I've discovered that no other application will manage to do it (I've tried a lot of them).

Well, I have this rooted SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace 2 and I was planning to get that same richnote.apk and run it on my rooted cellphone, then I would be able, at least theoretically, to open my backup.rnt file with it.

Could someone upload your own Richnote.apk for me? Is there something else I can do to get this RNT file opened? It seems to me that LG G2, L5, 4X HD and 3D have all this same stock notes app.

Thank you very much

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, ripped APKs are a shady gray area, and since it CAN be considered pirating (unless the link comes directly from the developer), our Guidelines do not allow users to upload or link these files.

Sorry.

Maave

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the late bump but I found my own solution for this. I hope somebody looking to restore their notes can find this from google.

I just moved off an LG LG870 which used "Memo", a generic-branded Richnote, so I had to pull my notes. Make a backup and if necessary move it to SD card with your file explorer. backup.rnt is just a ZIP file. Rename to backup.zip and unpack it. The files are SQLite database files - good for us, it's fairly easy to work with. "richnote" is what we need, not "richnote-journal". Next get an SQLite database viewer. I used SQLite Manager addon for Firefox. For that addon I clicked the Connect Database button, opened up the "richnote" file, and found my notes under Tables > notes in the "textonly" column. Right click, copy cell, bam there's your note. Copy-paste into a text file or Pushbullet whatever you want.

sqlite manager.jpg

cristina4321

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, can you halp me ?? I can try to rename and unzip the file backup.rnt bat I have the error message :(((
7zip message says:
"Impossible to open the backup.rnt file as an archive"

pleaseeeee heeeelllp meee !!

thanks all
Cristina

delisimo

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Just open this richnote file you can find in the "archive" after changing extension of the backup.rnt file into zip with Notepad++. Ignore the many characters from the beginning. You can find your notes further below. In xml format apparently.