lg Stylo 2 plus

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Really happy with this phone. I hope they continue to develop this line as a affordable alternative to the notes.. really nice software experience, changeable battery, and as card. If this had 4gig ram I would be in love ...

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Really happy with this phone. I hope they continue to develop this line as a affordable alternative to the notes.. really nice software experience, changeable battery, and as card. If this had 4gig ram I would be in love ...

It sounds interesting, I love the S. Note line, and I did not know of this LG model, I'll check it out.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It seems really cool, with a replaceable battery and all. What's it price range? Any water or dust proofing? (just dreaming...) How does it perform, any noticeable lag?

MrZuLu

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi... I joined out of desperation!

I stumbled on this wonderful site via google. I just happen to be a tapatalk user so joining was effortless.

I just got this LG Stylo 2 LTE two weeks ago. The issue I am experiencing is an annoying, quickly becoming intolerable lag when battery usage hits %50.

I thought it was just the stylus. The oddity is once battery gets to 30% ONLY the stylus works. And the lag is unacceptable if no recharge source is "immediately available"

Is there a fix simular to the Samsung G6?

Thanks in advance
Michael

MrZuLu

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
It seems really cool, with a replaceable battery and all. What's it price range? Any water or dust proofing? (just dreaming...) How does it perform, any noticeable lag?
I got this at Wally World. Straighttalk unlimitede TPD w/10g high speed bandwidth guaranteed. $210 tax included.

Works great if fully charged...
adbfc5dd97f753fe427891d07e584191.jpg
I did this with it just messing around with quickmemo+.

Last edited:

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi... I joined out of desperation!

I stumbled on this wonderful site via google. I just happen to be a tapatalk user so joining was effortless.

I just got this LG Stylo 2 LTE two weeks ago. The issue I am experiencing is an annoying, quickly becoming intolerable lag when battery usage hits %50.

I thought it was just the stylus. The oddity is once battery gets to 30% ONLY the stylus works. And the lag is unacceptable if no recharge source is "immediately available"

Is there a fix simular to the Samsung G6?

Thanks in advance
Michael

OK, thanks for the warning, I'll think twice before getting the device then (unless there is a fix, as you say)

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, thanks for the warning, I'll think twice before getting the device then (unless there is a fix, as you say)

I'm kind of thinking of this phone. That's disappointing to hear about that bug. At the very least it's getting nougat it's on t-mobile's official support page for getting 7.0 So maybe it will get a fix.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of thinking of this phone. That's disappointing to hear about that bug. At the very least it's getting nougat it's on t-mobile's official support page for getting 7.0 So maybe it will get a fix.

Let's hope so. Other than the bug, it sounds great.

crevice9

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had my LG Stylo 2 Plus almost a week but discovered something that may make me return it and get the Samsung J7. Even though I'd be throwing away $100+ due to restocking fees and wasted money on the screen protector and case.

You can not move apps to the SD card!!! It has been designed not to allow this very neccesary feature. My internal storage is full but I have plenty of room on my new 200gb micro sd card but it won't let me load or send apps to it.

I know nougat is coming out soon. It would be nice if that fixed the issue but I don't think it will. It will probably just be more forced limitations.

MrZuLu

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

You can not move apps to the SD card!!! It has been designed not to allow this very neccesary feature. My internal storage is full but I have plenty of room on my new 200gb micro sd card but it won't let me load or send apps to it.
Uh... FYI. It says in my owners manual it takes "upto" 32gb microsd.

It cannot nor will not ever read a 200gb chip

RTFM bro... I made same mistake thinking iPhone 5 would work. It would if i changed Everything to apple including y boombox

MrZuLu

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Uh... FYI. It says in my owners manual it takes "upto" 32gb microsd.

It cannot nor will not ever read a 200gb chip

RTFM bro... I made same mistake thinking iPhone 5 would work. It would if i changed Everything to apple including y boombox

Last edited:

Zardos

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
You can move apps to the SD card if you enable Adoptable storage. I slid in a 64gb card and didn't look back.

The option to enable with the phone itself has been disabled by LG, so you have to use ADB to get it working. LG 4 Adoptable Storage Android M 6.0 . No Root - All is how to do it, it says for the G4, but it worked fine for my Stylo 2 Plus.

Not ALL apps can be moved to the SD Card though. Once you do this the SD card and phone become one, so you need to leave it in there forever.

This phone is great too! I replaced my Note 5 with this and couldn't be happier. The battery life is amazing and outside of Samsung pay, which I never used, it does everything my old Note did. Flagships are dead to me now.

MrZuLu

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I don't own a computer so I do everything on this phone.

So far it's the best I've had yet. Great camera and it music sounds really good. Bluetooth and the headphone jack location on same end as the charger plug-in is nice. I have a solar charger on my bike. Work much better than with head at top. Looked like three dizes of black spaghetti... LOL

I especially like the stylus. Many uses!

I really like this phone even though I broke my stylus so it's stuck in the port this is a really nice phone.

My only complaint would be battery life while using apps like gps it has a big battery and when I check what's using the most power it is usually the screen. I work on call so I need to have my phone ready to go and so to remedy this I have purchased a replacement battery I love the fact that I can pop another battery in and turn it back on. But when I'm at work i have maybe 4 hours of use with GPS and then my phone is shot

Other than the battery life I love this phone and will probably upgrade to another one if LG keeps the removable 🔋 because so far that has saved me a lot

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and am setting it up now. I was a die hard Samsung'er for years because I didn't want to give up my SPen. But found financially I really needed to cut back on new phone expense. When I learned there was now an alternative to the Note/SPen I was curious and quite hopeful. I grabbed a brand new one off Swappa for $160 :)

Then pen in the Stylo works nicely :) Other than having to re-learn my way around a new brand, not being fond of a few other things but likely only because I have to re-learn and not crazy about the on/off volume buttons being on the back of the phone because I find that inconvenient right now at least until it becomes familiar, I think I have a winner here :) I'm happy someone finally gave us what appears right not to be a nice alternative to the expensive Note :) I actually can't believe it took so long!

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm a die-hard Samsung Note fan. I
LOVE those phones and have had all of them.
My girlfriend recently got a T-Mobile LG Stylo 2 Plus ... and I'm AMAZED at how nice it is! Very affordable, fast, responsive, and feature packed.

So I found a Verizon Stylo 2 on EBay for only $125 and bought it immediately!

Took the SIM card out of my Note 5 and popped it in there, and the phone was up and running in just minutes. I've been using it for 4 or 5 days now and I absolutely LOVE it!

Has many of the same features as the Note 5 .. including Screen Off Memo, which I use a lot.

So far, so good. No problems yet. Super fast. Screen is nice! Battery life is extremely good! I easily get 24 hours with moderately heavy use and still have 15 - 20% left.

And I bought it used off Ebay even!

antomic

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently surrendered myself to Android and have thus given my life to Google. No regrets so far and thoroughly enjoy the LG Stylo 2 Plus phone which I discovered by accident while browsing MetroPCS's site. Despite its relatively low storage capacity, I have not yet inserted a micro sd card as I am not sure if I will need it. I have approximately 2.5 GB of storage left which may suffice as I do not take a lot of pictures or download movies.

However, I anticipate doing quite a lot of scanning with apps like Genius Scan or FastScanner. Would someone please tell me if the scanned images can be saved onto a micro sd card in external storage or whether they will only be saved on the internal storage? If scanned images can be saved onto external storage, then I will purchase and insert a micro sd card. Otherwise, I will look for a higher storage capacity Android phone for my next phone.

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member