thinking of changing

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been a loyal Samsung user since the S4. I've went S4 to Note 4. I'm wondering some pros and cons for me leaving my Note 4 and going to a V10. I'm also wondering if this phone is better than the Note 5. I currently use a note 4 with a zerolemon battery case.

Posted via the Android Central App

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been a loyal Samsung user since the S4. I've went S4 to Note 4. I'm wondering some pros and cons for me leaving my Note 4 and going to a V10. I'm also wondering if this phone is better than the Note 5. I currently use a note 4 with a zerolemon battery case.

If you're a big user of the S Pen, then go with the Note 5. Otherwise, these are two very good devices, and you can't go wrong either way. You need to decide what is important to you. To me, durability was key and I abhor having a case on my phone, so I went with the V10. I also use my phone very frequently to listen to music via headphones, so the Hi-fi output made the V10 a more attractive choice for me. I like the 2nd screen, but think the S Pen is a more useful feature, giving the Note an edge there.

If you have an V10 specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't use the spen much at all. I MUST have my phone in a case. It's a definite must for my work. How's the battery life on it? How is the camera on thus compared to the G4 and Note 5?

Artie V

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I miss is the S pen, and even then I am very happy with my decision to get the V10. Feels much quicker than my Note 4, with an SD card and a replaceable battery. Quickmemo+ is working well for me so i do not miss the S note app either.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So you carry a replacement battery for the phone?

If you get a V10 and send off for the LG promo ( extra battery, charging cradle and sd card) then yes you can certainly carry an extra battery with you. I've found so far I'm able to get a solid 15-18 hours of battery life. Not too much different than my note 4 was after updates (battery wasnt as good after updates On my more as it was when I first got the phone). I NEVER used my s pen. Not even once so I dont miss it at all. After about 3 weeks with this LG I have to say I really like it...no more lag like my note had. I like that Its big and weighty. Great device! I would recommend you go try one out in person as it is a bit heavier than the note. Some really like that and others don't.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the spen much at all. I MUST have my phone in a case. It's a definite must for my work. How's the battery life on it? How is the camera on thus compared to the G4 and Note 5?

To be honest, the battery life is my least favorite part of this phone. My previous phone was the Droid Turbo, which had a huge battery...so pretty much any phone besides the Turbo 2 would be a let down for me. That said, This phone charges incredibly fast.....faster than other Quick Charge 2.0 phones. That helps a little with the smaller battery capacity. When the free battery from LG comes, I plan on leaving it charging in my car for any time i might need it. I'm hardly every somewhere without access to my car. I think the general consensus is that battery in this phone is comparable to the other phablets on the market....but coming from the Turbo, that's not really a great thing.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
So I made the switch and am loving it so far. Do you happen to know how to turn off the sound the phone makes when I send a message?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I made the switch and am loving it so far. Do you happen to know how to turn off the sound the phone makes when I send a message?

You mean the "swish" sound when an email sends? No I've no idea. I actually like it...like I'm getting feedback that it sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty