Best glass screen protector for V10?

A

AC Question

best glass screen protector for V10?

so many to choose from...what do you recommend?

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: best glass screen protector for V10?

I have the Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Verizon. It's great! Covers the front facing cameras, but, that's not a problem.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Don't know about "best". I put this on the other day:

Amazon.com: LG V10 Glass Screen Protector, Dmax Armor® Ballistics [Tempered Glass] 99% Touch-screen Accurate, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Round Edge [0.3mm] Ultra-clear - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Cutouts for the front cameras. Went on absolutely beautifully. Wet and dry cleaning cloths included, plus sticky dust collectors for the final touch.

And, it didn't interfere with my Spigen case--as sometimes happens at the edges.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

I bought an xtreme tempered glass. Has the cut outs for the 2 cameras. Bought it when they had 91% off, paid $2.70. Plus lifetime replacement for $0.99 shipping. Very pleased with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I have the Verizon & Spigen ones that I have yet to install. Was hoping Zagg would come out with one.
I hate putting these on. :p

gibbga

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Spigen. I haven't used a screen protector in years, but my last phone had a small scratch on it that you couldn't see unless the screen was off, and I didn't want to get a scratch on this one. I've been pretty happy with it. It doesn't have any problems w/ the case and the screen still looks amazing w/ it on.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

I have the Verizon & Spigen ones that I have yet to install. Was hoping Zagg would come out with one.
I hate putting these on. :p

The Zagg store at the mall has gone to custom cutting everything, to reduce their inventory requirements. It's a real machine, programmed with everything, so it's not just the dude with scissors. Works well.

So, you may not see a Zagg. They may leave this one to the stores.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I have the Zagg, Verizon and Spigen tempered glass sitting here and have not installed one yet on my V10. :-\
I love Zagg but think I'll try the Verizon first as I like the cameras covered.

Does everyone like the cameras covered or not by their tempered glass protector?

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
On the subject of glass screen protectors. I've had 3 on my V10 and all have micro scratches or swirl marks on them that are only noticeable at certain angles in direct sunlight.

IMG_0440.jpg

Two Spigen brand ones, one pictured here, and one I got from a Verizon store, not the Verizon branded one all have some of this going on. The one from the Verizon store isn't nearly as bad as the pictured Spigen one.

Anyone else notice this with theirs? Is this normal?

And to clarify, it's not my phone screen itself. When there is no screen protector on it looks nothing like this.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The Spigen one does not have the cutout for the cameras. You sure that's the Spigen pictured.
What was wrong with the Verizon branded one?

The one in the pic is the Spigen, the camera is not cut out. I never tried the official Verizon one. I went to a Verizon store in the mall last night and the one they had was not a Verizon branded one.

The one I got last night has the same swirl marks, but not nearly as bad From what I can tell so far.

This is one I got last night.

1212151953.jpg

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

It's much better when you have camera cut outs

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG V10

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm anxious to read more in this thread, as I am getting micro scratches on my actual screen. I want to prevent this. Is there no such thing as a 2012-era screen protector (not glass)?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty