Anyone experiencing poor colours on the V10 ? I only get a dull red

barb mustert

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
My new LG V10 has very poor colours especially the red is bad. Any one else? What can I do? The LG website doesn't even list this model.

THE phone is one week old and I have written to the sellers to see if they'll exchange it. All the colours are dull. I came for an IPhone 5s.

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Good morning, even though I wrote a glowing review of the V10 in January, I've got to admit there are a few things that are making me go back to Samsung. One of these is the lcd screen. Its a very nice screen, but once you've had a phone with an amoled display, you won't be happy with anything else. With red being a deep bright color, its normal to notice this as being "dull" . I did too. Many diehard LG lovers will tell you that the V10 screen is more "true to life" than amoled. And that may be. But I was, also, dissapointed with this. I still like this phone and use it daily for work, but I kept my note 4 and galaxy s6 edge. The s6 edge is with me whdn im not working. So, there you have it.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's the phone on the LG website:

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v10#capture-the-in-between-moments

It's possible you got a bad display. How new is it? If it's bothering you that bad, go into your carrier and ask for an exchange. Did you look at the display phone? Does it look like yours?

As already mentioned, if you are coming from a Samsung, amoled displays are over saturated to make them more appealing but they aren't actually displaying the colors accurately.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No problems with mine. I for one don't prefer over saturated colors. The V10 color pallet is more accurate than pretty or flashy... IMHO.

Its not a perfect screen though, once you factor in efficiency and power usage. So that true to life accuracy comes at a penalty.

barb mustert

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Ah this reply button didn't come up before, anyway, I came from an iPhone 5s and the phone is a week old, have written to the sellers for an exchange. Waiting to hear what they have to say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89