IR Blaster Doesn't work

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
For some reason my IR blaster no longer works. It has worked fine since day 1 up until last week when I last used it. When I open the app, and try to turn on my TV and cable box it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even make a beep sound when I touch the power button. I figured it was a programming thing so I deleted the Sony TV and Comcast cable box profiles and tried to re-program it. Now when I try to program it, there are no TV and set top box options.

I haven't dropped my phone and it hasn't been subjected to any kind of hard use/abuse.

Is there anything I can try to resurrect it?

I have only been using the OEM LG IR blaster app. Are there better ones I should be using instead?
thanks!!!

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
have you tried going into the App manager and wiping cache/data of the remote app? kinda my default suggestion, but I really don't know much else that could fix that. I do tend to have issues with the app like it deleting my remote profiles and force closing, but so far it hasn't completely stopped working.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
For some reason my IR blaster no longer works. It has worked fine since day 1 up until last week when I last used it. When I open the app, and try to turn on my TV and cable box it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even make a beep sound when I touch the power button. I figured it was a programming thing so I deleted the Sony TV and Comcast cable box profiles and tried to re-program it. Now when I try to program it, there are no TV and set top box options.

I haven't dropped my phone and it hasn't been subjected to any kind of hard use/abuse.

Is there anything I can try to resurrect it?

I have only been using the OEM LG IR blaster app. Are there better ones I should be using instead?
thanks!!!

You have a device full of software that will corrupt and stop working from time to time.. I feel your pain from when my fingerprint sensor stopped for a week. But before jumping all over the different forums yipping. Try some things to resolve it. Clear your devlick cache...often our phones get junk the longer they run and the trash needs taken out time to time. Next if that doesn't work the next step, back up everything with the LG back up and then do a factory reset the phone.. This solves all software glitches. And with the backup you pick right up where you left off.. If after that it doesn't work then you are still within your warrenty.. Good luck, let us know after you do the factory reset

Posted via the Android Central App

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Got it done thanks!!! IR remote is completely restored. Just in time for march madness and NBA playoffs!!

The other thing I forgot to mention is I spent a few days at my cousins house last weekend and I programmed her Sharp living room TV, in addition to my Sony. I also programmed her Comcast cable box. Not sure if that matters or not. But it looks like her settings clobbered mine...??? Although that doesn't make any sense for a "universal" remote to be limited to one device type.

I think next time I am there I will program her settings under the Den or Office.

The backup and restore went smoothly, except all the Verizon bloat came back so I had to deactivate them...
cookie jam
DT ignite
ebay
go90
Map Quest
Norton Mobile security
Amazon
Amazon kindle
amazon music
Audible
Music
NFL Mobile
Slacker radio
SnapPage
Wallet

I also had to re-install the youtube app and google play services, throttle back app permissions, and reset some things in Developer options.

No biggie really, everything wen't smoothly and without a hitch.
So thanks again!!! Note to self, I need to backup my phone more often.

Last edited:

Jordanj84

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
i got this problem on my note 4 i just solve it
1-go to setting - application manager
2- go to all find samsung billing and disable samsung billing
its works 100%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members