GPS location stopped working?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I am using smart lock and it was working great. The little GPS icon was always present in the upper left corner. All of a sudden smart lock won't unlock at my location. I noticed the location icon is missing and my phone phone no longer has the text box "location found"

Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it? I'm going crazy here.... Lol. Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is everything still set correctly in the Settings>Location menu? Does Smart Lock still work with Trusted Devices or Trusted Face?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What I was wondering is if Smart Lock still works in general, with Trusted Devices or Trusted Face as well. If not, then it's a Smart Lock issue. If they do work, we can narrow it down to the Location service or GPS.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I think? I found the solution do I will post this for anyone else having issues. I looked for days on Google and tried all kinds of "fixes" which did not work. Then I read the help link in the trusted places app and one TIP was add places near your place. So I added the addresses to the right and left and it seemed to fix it. Let's hope that ends this issue. I have been going crazy trying to figure this out.

la0t0n

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the GPS "searching for GPS" message when using Google map as well. It seems LG V10 has this problem in a lot of LG V10. Pleas post your true fix if you find one.
Thanks

christobal

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the GPS "searching for GPS" message when using Google map as well. It seems LG V10 has this problem in a lot of LG V10. Pleas post your true fix if you find one.
Thanks

This is SO frustrating when I dicover I'm lost and can't get Google maps to bail me out because my phone can't seem to find GPS locations.