Most rugged case w/ easy access to battery?

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I was excited to get removable battery back into a flagship phone. I was coming from a Nexus6P (still one of my all time favorites) so did not have that option.

The problem I'm running into is the same thing I ran into with my Galaxy S5--i love rugged cases. Right now I'm rocking an otterbox on my LGV20. However, it is simply too big of a pain in the butt to swap the batteries out. Not only that but I feel like I'm wearing out my case.

Are there any rugged cases (i guess 1 piece) that allow easy swapping of battery? I also like keeping my phone on my hip so i guess im going to have to accept that the belt clip holsters are a no-go.

What do you all think?

Thanks

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing like the otterbox. Best you'll find is a TPU inner lining covered by plastic. Better than nothing and much fewer step for a battery swap.

Nowhere near the hassle (or protection) of the otter.

Fortunately I'm able to stick with a basic 1 piece case since I don't need my phone to survive much abuse. ;)

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I was excited to get removable battery back into a flagship phone. I was coming from a Nexus6P (still one of my all time favorites) so did not have that option.

The problem I'm running into is the same thing I ran into with my Galaxy S5--i love rugged cases. Right now I'm rocking an otterbox on my LGV20. However, it is simply too big of a pain in the butt to swap the batteries out. Not only that but I feel like I'm wearing out my case.

Are there any rugged cases (i guess 1 piece) that allow easy swapping of battery? I also like keeping my phone on my hip so i guess im going to have to accept that the belt clip holsters are a no-go.

What do you all think?

Thanks

I have the spigen one on Amazon. Carbon fibre, one piece, and takes about 10 seconds to get off, easy off and on.