Lg Watch Urbane 2

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am thinking now of getting an LG Urbane 2 for my V20, but the prices for them are about $300,which is kind of more then I want to spend. But, I looked at the AT&T version of it, and they are about $150. So I was wondering if the AT&T version of the watch would work on Verizon? Thank you for your time.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I heard the volume was very poor on the urbane 2. Maybe ok for some but most definitely a big minus for my line of work in construction so I passed on it. Just thought I would throw that in.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you both. I can't decide what watch I want, either the Gear s2 which is a year old already, or any other smart watch that works on Verizon.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked at the the Asus Zen watch2 I just bought that one last month love it and only cost me 119 if you want round they just launched the zenwatch 3 which looks gorgeous might splurge and buy me that one 2

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Have you looked at the the Asus Zen watch2 I just bought that one last month love it and only cost me 119 if you want round they just launched the zenwatch 3 which looks gorgeous might splurge and buy me that one 2

Thank you, do you know if either of those works on Verizon or any other company? Thank you for your time.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, do you know if either of those works on Verizon or any other company? Thank you for your time.

It depends on what you mean by 'work'. Any Android Wear watch will pair with your V20, as will the Tizen based Gear S2 or S3. You will receive call and app notifications, reply to texts etc via the Bluetooth connection. Some watches have sim chips. If you want to be able to answer and make calls with your watch, then you would need one that has a sim chip in it, and is compatible with your carrier network.

The Gear S2 is still a really good watch. I have the S2 Classic and I really like it. If you read up on the reviews, there's really not much difference between that and the S3 outside of Samsung Pay being able to work independently from the watch without a Samsung phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No. Verizon and AT&T have different technologies. You won't be able to use the watch on Verizon. Sorry.
Could you elaborate? I have thought about getting one, but I'm not concerned with it having it's own mobile connection, if that's what you're getting at. As long as it pairs with the phone and performs those functions, I'd be ok with it.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
It depends on what you mean by 'work'. Any Android Wear watch will pair with your V20, as will the Tizen based Gear S2 or S3. You will receive call and app notifications, reply to texts etc via the Bluetooth connection. Some watches have sim chips. If you want to be able to answer and make calls with your watch, then you would need one that has a sim chip in it, and is compatible with your carrier network.

The Gear S2 is still a really good watch. I have the S2 Classic and I really like it. If you read up on the reviews, there's really not much difference between that and the S3 outside of Samsung Pay being able to work independently from the watch without a Samsung phone.

OK thank you. My finally three are the Gear S3, gear s2, and the Zenwatch 3.