Record AV through Bluetooth?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to record a video through the default V20 camera app that will record audio from a Bluetooth microphone? If not, any other options/apps I could try?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Question as to why with the microphones being as good as they are on the phone already?
I'm wanting to enter a video contest for a headset company. I'm not required to use their headset to record the audio, but I'm wanting to do as sort of a demo of it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I found the Cinema FV-5 Lite. It records the audio via Bluetooth ok, but doesn't seem to be able to use the front facing camera. Not sure if the pro version does, but not worth the price for this one use if it does.

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I found the Cinema FV-5 Lite. It records the audio via Bluetooth ok, but doesn't seem to be able to use the front facing camera. Not sure if the pro version does, but not worth the price for this one use if it does.

Besides the expensive pricing, I would also imagine you be dealing with audio video synch issues. Bluetooth is still up & growing, 5.0 should provide enough bandwidth & speed, 4.0 still needs proprietary codecs on the hardware to be effective ( Apt-X CSR Live) for realtime wireless audio. Our lovely V20 only supports Apt-X for outgoing bluetooth data, incoming data is a different story.

This might be a little extra work, but you can capture the audio channel stream with a different external source...Then overlay the same audio channel stream on top of your V20's muted video recording. This might require some tinkering with some PC software, but video production experts do this all the time for trailers, commercials & etc.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699