And this is the beginning to the end

Jp Roxas

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: [AOSP] PandaROM 3.4

Not really some devel. has come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, well, I'm still not used to this kind of... stagnant development... I used to be part of the gNex dev group over at xda... There were literally so many ROMs to try out and test that I was flashing new ROMs at least 3x a day. I miss those days.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, well, I'm still not used to this kind of... stagnant development... I used to be part of the gNex dev group over at xda... There were literally so many ROMs to try out and test that I was flashing new ROMs at least 3x a day. I miss those days.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

unlike some people, im not gonna ask the same annoying questions every day. i simply have a few questions regarding this
1: base system version? (gb/ics)
2: progress?
3: i keep getting very vague info on this phone. from what i understand gb doesnt lock the bootloader, but ics does. yet i see a kernal by you nigel for zvi. and i also see open cannibal recovery. but what i cant get clear is will ocr work with zvi?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

unlike some people, im not gonna ask the same annoying questions every day. i simply have a few questions regarding this
1: base system version? (gb/ics)
2: progress?
3: i keep getting very vague info on this phone. from what i understand gb doesnt lock the bootloader, but ics does. yet i see a kernal by you nigel for zvi. and i also see open cannibal recovery. but what i cant get clear is will ocr work with zvi?

This ROM was FTB (Fail to Boot) so I stopped developing it. I did develop a kernel, but boot loader issues on ZVI. OCR only works on GB.

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Is the whole issue that the ICS update (ZVI/ZVK) from LG installs a locked bootloader that check signatures of recovery/boot/etc.. Or is the ICS rom checking signatures or something?

If the new bootloader that is being installed is the issue, would it be possible to install ZVI or ZVK and then flash the (presumably unlocked) bootloader from ZVD?

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I would probably be correct in assuming its the fist one where the bootloader is sig checking. If it was the rom, someone would have figured out how to disable that or remove it altogether. As for the bootloader I myself am unsure if it is possible.
anyhow I need help severely. I did something that messed up the soft key button mappings. My home button pops up the menu, the menu key does nothing and I no longer have any home button support. If someone with zvi would back up their system/usr/keylayout folder i really need a copy as i dont have a pc to do a flash restore.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

i was finally able to find the zip file and pull the files. it fixed the menu button to where it brings up the menu, but unfortunately the home button is still shot. i have a temp workaround for now, but eventually ill have to back it all up and lgflash it to fix it. im to the point if i can figure out a way to take my exhibit 2 4g and my viper and trade it for a better dev supported phone, ill do that.
i wish i knew how to make a safestrap as if i did, i would tirelessly try to breathe life into this phone as its a decent phone. thanks for all your work and help guys. screw lg for ruining a good phone.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

ok so im attempting to factory flash this pos. been researching safestrap, and have tried playing around. keep your fingers crossed, it appears i might be close... the biggest thing i need is to disable the security check in ics zvi

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Lol just use zvd

I took an entire bollte of extra strength Fukitol and downgraded back to ZVD. finding superoneclick was difficult, but finding RATC was even more painful (and actually got me a virus that i was lucky to kill before anything happened. already did a thurrough reinstallation of my system, good thing i keep backups for everything. BTW im not refering to the RATC false positive, but a virus from another meathod.) but now i have achieved root zen. unfortunately my superuser is bonkers, and my su is semi broken (will have to ADB a known good SU and SuperUser.apk) and i have temporaraly used the clockworkmod su to get full su access. once i adb the correct files, i will proceed with a thurrough system dump and start from scratch. lets see if i can make this device work like new ;)
My biggest question is: is the bootloader still locked even with a factory reflash to ZVD?