[ROM] 'LightningC' v1.2 [3/14/11]

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I made a custom ROM due to the fact of the lack of ROMs for this phone. I think people need some choices so I figured I would give them 1 more choice.

This ROM is based on Android 2.2.1, more specifically getitnowmarketing's 2.2.1 update, thanks man!

To Install this ROM you must have installed the custom recovery, go here to do that: Custom Recovery Vortex/Thunderc-vzw - Android Forums

Once you install the recovery, boot in to it and do the following:
Make an Nandroid Backup: (Nandroid + android.secure)
Wipe: Data/Factory Reset, Dalvik-Cache
Install: LightningC-v1.0.zip (downloaded ZIP that is placed on your SD card)

Features:
Android 2.2.1
Pre-rooted
-Latest Superuser-
-Latest su-
-Latest Busybox (with run-parts support)-
DeOdex'd + Zipaligned all APKs
All Bloatware Removed
-Except for Visual Voicemail, just incase you use it-
JIT + Hardware Acceleration
LauncherPro
-Faster than stock or ADW EX-
Updated Apps
-Market-
-Gmail-
-YouTube-
No Bing
-Includes search button on hardware!-
Custom Boot Animation
Bash + Nano
Easy System Mount/Unmount
-Go to terminal/shell and type sysro for read-only, sysrw for read-write-​

Special thanks to:
dsixda for speeding up the process: [KITCHEN][MAR. 12 '11] HTC Android Kitchen, v0.141 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers
Dysgenic for the boot animation: [BOOT ANIMATION] The Droids - xda-developers
getitnowmarketing for the base ROM: Rooted 2.2.1 Update - Android Forums and for the recovery linked to above

Last edited:

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
DOWNLOAD
LightningC-v1.2.zip
Place in root of SD card and follow instructions in post 1

Changelog:

v1.2 [3/14/2011]
Fix Force Close Error

v1.1 [3/14/2011]
Remove My Verizon + Useless .apk's
Use default Android SetupWizard
Shaved off 2MB!

v1.0 [3/13/2011]
Initial release

Known Bugs:

v1.1 broke the Backup Assistant because it requires My Verizon apparently. Bug is in v1.2 also. I will be adding it back but for now just install it from the Market.​

Last edited:

roping5--

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Seemed to mess up my phones connection with my computer although did run faster then breakneckmod, it seems less stable but did accomplish more if what it said it would do. Could no longer access files on the the sdcard through windows explorer switching back to breakneckmod for now.

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Nice job, definitely like the smaller rom gives me a little more room on the tiny bit of internal memory we've got. Also dig the boot screen and FINALLY NO BOOT SOUNDS! one major issue I'm having is video playback seems to be broken. there's no video player and finding one that works is proving to be difficult. Trying to play 3gpp and mp4 from phone.

pb5525

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone turns on, sprint logo flashes, then the word "android" Thats it, 5min go by and it goes black. My computer says it is an unknow device. I cant do anything, how can I load a custom recovery when it is a BRICK!? It is a softWARE issue. I read that I can re-install the O/S froyo 2.2.2. I can not locate this one file - LS679ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab does anyone have a clue?please help - pb5525@live.com

jase.5273

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I cannot get my phone into recovery mode. I tried pressing the Home+Vol Down+Power buttons until I saw the Android guy with the box on it. Once I released the keys, it reset my phone and powered up to the main screen. Any thoughts/ideas?

Ussmundo

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
What's up everybody? noob here with first time thread EVER! I know this thread is old but. I'm in desperate need of unbricking my vortex phone and I. Don't know/understand anything of what to do what anything means how to filter my questions so if this thread is still active could someone please reply back to let me know that someone is still alive and is willing to help first time rooter/bricker!?! Thank you