No vibrations when on LTE?

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Since it's the weekend, and I have this new watch (for now at least) that has LTE, I decided to head out and do my errands around town yesterday and completely rely on my watch while my phones sits on my nightstand. The phone was on and connected to WiFi. And as it should be, things worked perfectly.

I was able to get my emails and texts, calendar/agenda notifications came through no problem, I was able to OK Google and ask questions about the weather and who was playing for Sunday football and whatever. All of that was no problem. 2 things I did notice though, one annoying, the other probably just a setting.

1st, its true, you can't navigate without your phone. Kinda sucks actually. I was able to "OK Google, find the closest Starbucks", which worked perfectly. But when I hit navigate it just said can't connect to the phone.

2nd, I noticed that when I got a notification, my watch didn't vibrate. Everything came through no problem, I even had my wife text me while we were sitting together, and the SMS came through in like 5 seconds, but no vibration. Has anybody else had this happen? Is there a setting somewhere to change that?

Anyway, ended up spending the whole day without my phone, took the dog for a long walk, went out to dinner, all without my phone. It was kinda awesome and somewhat liberating. Battery held up pretty well too. Definitely drained faster than my normal day with my phone, but still made it to bed time. Thought I'd share.

Damn I love this watch!

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Vibrations are not enabled for app notifications by default unless you have vibration on for that specific app on the phone. For example, text message notification, if you have your phone's text message app to vibrate on new message, it will vibrate on the watch as well.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
That makes sense. But how come when the watch is connected to Bluetooth the vibrations work just like normal? As soon as it goes to LTE the vibrations stop.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem when I tested GMail. It vibrates when on LTE. The vibration can be also controlled by the individual watch app.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, well I can't find any settings to change how its acting now. Everything is set to vibrate, but when on LTE it doesn't. Oh well... I'll keep messing around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer