Watch update?

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So I noticed my watch installed an update yesterday evening, but I cannot find what the update was. Did anyone else notice this?

Posted via the Android Central App

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I got the same update today, although I have no idea what was updated. So far I haven't noticed anything different.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this week, too, on Tuesday. I was hoping it would update Play Services but I'm still on 8.7.01 (2590918-534). Weather app stopped working before, and is still not working after 1.5.0.2922984.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I got the update this morning.

Build # MFD18L
AW 1.5.0.2922984
Play services- 9.4.52 (530-127739847)
Security patch June 1 2016.

It's probably a security patch update or an update preparing our devices for AW 2.0.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I just received the notice of an update available after I left it at home for a few hours (assume it downloaded while on wifi). I am currently on MNC40X which is still what is posted on the developer preview website to roll back to if you are done with the 2.0 preview build.

Before I update my main concern is that the Truphone sim I am using in AT&T watch will still work. I will probably give a try anyway since I could roll back with the posted image if I need to. As long as it's not some stupid AT&T branch that takes you off the main update path (Nexus 6 case in point and I'm still very bitter about it).

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Well MFD18L installed on its own over night. I plan to go for a run today and will post if I see any issues with anything.

glenner05

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I also got the update on my european urbane 2 3g. Just went for a run using ghostracer and didnt notice any issue. Gps tracking was spot on, battery consumption seemed normal. Strange thing was I didn't got any notification of an update. Because I saw the thread I checked my watch and version numbers were the same as you guys mentioned, including Google play service now on 9.4 instead of 9.2 earlier this week...yesterday my watch suddenly rebooted without reason, maybe that was the update :)

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
My watch got updated as well, just don't know when it happened. I saw something on ATT support site, see below.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1093094&token=s9094wGh

Update Software for the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE (W200A)
Advisory :

Update summary

Effective July 26, 2016, Google released a software update for the LG Watch UrbaneTM 2nd Edition LTE (W200A). This update is available via GOTA (Google Over The Air) push. A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Enhancements
Androidware updates
Other Google fixes

Instructions :

How to update
Connect watch to a Wi-Fi network.
Ensure watch is sufficiently charged.
From application tray or pull-down menu, swipe to and tap Settings > About > System Update.
Follow the prompts to download and install the update.

How to verify the update
To view your current software version, from the watch face, swipe down from the top of the screen.
Swipe to and tap Settings > About > Versions.
The following specifications should match:
Software Version: MFD18L
File Size: 66MB

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
So, since the update I am not receiving notifications for phone calls. I have the BT calls off, so I'll have to try toggling that option to see if something is funny with the state or if it still works with that.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that after the update I only get call notifications if I have the phone audio on watch option on. That is the only issue I have noticed, but it is a significant one.

I should add that it is paired with a stock updated Nexus 6 so nothing should be strange there.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
As others have pointed out to my dismay for 6 months or so, that's how it now works when using the U2LTE via Bluetooth without an active sim. Sucks.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Call notification is one of the most important things for me since I can often miss phone vibration in my pocket if I am moving. I don't like having BT connected because
1. It doesn't connect to my car, even often fails after trying to manually change it several times.
2. When I answer on phone, it does come through the phone earpiece, but the selected option is still BT and the proximity sensor doesn't work until you switch it to phone.

Other changes I found are positive, though not significant.
1. There is a restart option in settings.
2. From phone app, battery info actually shows apps instead of only Android wear and Google Play Services.
3. If I toggle wifi to off it actually stays off.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Scaots. Number 3 on the positive is important to me. I feel like the watch does not switch well between cellular and Bluetooth when wifi is on. The result being when I leave my house or range of my phone, the watch does not detect this well and will show no google server available (the cloud with a line through it). When I turn off wifi, the watch does a better job of switching between bluetooth and cellular and connecting to the Google server.

Only thing I wonder is battery impact of wifi on vs wifi off?

Urbane_user

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Call notification is one of the most important things for me since I can often miss phone vibration in my pocket if I am moving. I don't like having BT connected because
1. It doesn't connect to my car, even often fails after trying to manually change it several times.
2. When I answer on phone, it does come through the phone earpiece, but the selected option is still BT and the proximity sensor doesn't work until you switch it to phone.

Here's the solution to youe car connection problems:
https://m.reddit.com/r/hwatch/comme...rofile/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty